mmm traktor support for ns7, now that HID is supported??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default mmm traktor support for ns7, now that HID is supported??

saw this little nugget:
    http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=1467

i love using itch but i would be lying if i said i wasnt slightly intrigued by some of the things ive seen done with traktor. ha may be completely irrelevant to me tho once the bridge comes out

Tech Mentor

hmmmmmm it may happen eventually, and if it does, I'll be ecstatic. but ns7 was designed to work with itch, and any implementation with traktor will probably be secondary to that

the ns7 is just HID, thats the extent of its "specialization"
    mapping a ns7 to traktor was only difficult due to the ns,7 sending out high resolution info that traktor was too retarded to understand. numark made a CD player with pretty similar architecture to the ns7 and in this update it offers native support for that, so assuming - ns7 should now be mappable. i wish i could test this out but i just traded my ns7 for a new laptop a few weeks ago

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No NS7 support yet and im not even sure that its on the horizon.
    HID support is one thing but motorised platters is another.

Id like to see the NS7 supported though. Its a very cool piece of kit, demoed it once and i really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    No NS7 support yet and im not even sure that its on the horizon.
    HID support is one thing but motorised platters is another.

Id like to see the NS7 supported though. Its a very cool piece of kit, demoed it once and i really enjoyed it.
    i could be wrong since i didnt take it apart to confirm but i was trying to contemplate what they did to make such a platter contraption, and my best guess was this - you have a digital input on a midi board with cc assigned to playback position, the platter is moved by a the spindle being manipulated by a magnetic coil but the spindle is also connected to a digital encoder that sends a -+1 signal, so when you press play the platter moves and so does the playback position, you wind it back the platter continues to move forward but the playback position winds back. cue and cue points operate independently of this by working within the software while playback and speed is manually manipulated by the real motor.
    but again, i have no way of proving it at this moment since i am ns7-less for the time being but if that is the case as it is a hid signal and traktor supports hid now, it very well may work.
    SPECULATION...

You'd still have troubles with the motorized platter in Traktor.

A friend of mine used to have two Denon DNS3700s, completely MIDI mappable. Only there was no way to map the motorized platters.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

You cant just support HID and instantly all HID controllers get supported, it doesnt work that way HID is nothing like midi at all - every individual controller needs to have its own code written for it for support.

Thats almost (but not quite) saying traktor supports USB and suddently it supports everything that you can plug into a usb port.

I DO know that NI has been testing HID support - actually this is public knowledge as someone who has a NI beta has been using it and advertising the fact despite the fact that he is probably under a NDR and probably shouldn't be talking about it - that said he might have permission from NI to talk about it, i am not 100% sure on the details.

So expect to see support for the ns7 in the future because it is in the works - just not available publicly yet.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Traktor already supports certain HID controllers. It has for a while
    There is no native HID support built into Traktor for the NS7.
    What the guy might have been talking about is Native support for Numark Mixdeck..!

There is no Beta that has NS7 support. No way. This is not true unfortunately.

btw - what is needed is for Traktor to support the extra timestamp the jog uses.

K

You should have more faith in Bento

Actually it is an older beta I was provided with late last year that had HID support built into it but never made it to public release.

I have been working on supporting the platters in midi all year until I finally decided to use this beta, delete the hid functions that didn't work and make a hybrid TSI out of hid and midi controls.
    This is from an email convo i had with the guy who made who has been playing with the release.

And to back up my statement even further... here is some video evidence: [ame]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=500292700064&oid=446440350014[/ame]

Yes... those jogs are talking to Traktor over HID and not midi

V7s are becoming more and more attractive!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast