Vestax VCM-600

Thread: Vestax VCM-600

Tech Wizard

Default Vestax VCM-600

So i've decided to purchase a VCM-600 however i still have a few questions. I will be using the VCM-600 as part of an Ableton Live dj set up. For the moment i'll just be using the version of ableton supplied with the controller.

I was thinking of using the NI Audio2 DJ as an audio interface as it will then allow me to use my headphones to pre-listen with Ableton and when i eventually upgrade to Ableton 8 to nudge (beatmatch) as i will only need a master output into a mixer. If someone can suggest why i'd need more than a headphone and master output i'm welcome to suggestions (i.e. Audio 4 or Tank VI80)?

Also i was wondering how people have found the VCM on the whole i will be cutting my tracks up into clips i.e. intro, outro, drop, break, chorus etc and then trigger the clips to have full control of the mix one of the reasons for choosing the VCM-600 also. Later on i may also buy a novation launchpad to trigger clips if i need.

Finally how much does the VCM cost in america because converted into dollars it is $820 in the UK... i was wondering if anyone would care to send me one over if we used ebay as i think it would be much cheaper for me (*HINT* get them in the store tech tools!).

Thanks for your help!

Tech Mentor

VCM-600 retails for $899 online here.. so maybe $800 if you can get a good deal

Tech Wizard

i guess the uk isn't getting fucked on price for once then

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Barghy View Post
    i guess the uk isn't getting fucked on price for once then
    My thoughts exactly!