Beatport is really annoying the f*ck out of me with the restricted stuff. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor

Yeah dude just follow those proxy steps, it's surprisingly easy. I even just bought some restricted songs last night!

Tech Guru

Using a proxy is a security disaster waiting to happen.
    Using ANY computer that you don't control is a security problem waiting to happen. But it's not too hard to protect yourself against. If you only take the same steps to protect yourself that you would take for ANY online transaction, the potential for any kind of exploitation is very limited. Beatport doesn't display the full card number OR the security code in your profile. They DO show the address, but there are many easy ways to find an address based on a name. I use a single CC for all online purchases. It's associated with an account at a bank that is not linked to my main account, and I transfer money INTO the account based on the purchases I make (there's never over $20 in the account otherwise). You can transfer money into/out of the account online, as well as close the account if needed.

So even if you DO run into a honeypot, your potential for loss is pretty small and completely controlled.

That sounds very effective but a lot of work. I just pay the 6 bucks a month and get the fraud security feature on my cc. If something happens I just call them up, they cancel the charges and change my numbers.

Back to topic. I also don't understand why a song would be released by one label on bp and not all of the labels. It's like saying "no thanks I don't want your money."

It is quite annoying when one track off a comp isn't available due to those restrictions, but hey, thats life. I used to wait 6 weeks for my imports to arrive so shopping around for the odd tune doesn't worry me.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123