Beatport is really annoying the f*ck out of me with the restricted stuff.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Beatport is really annoying the f*ck out of me with the restricted stuff.

I know they gotta play by the rules of the labels, but it seems that in the past months, things got REALLY, REALLY bad. I'm located in Canada and I'm about to just drop them. I bought just about 1k tracks with them over the years

Is there an legit alternative out there that has a similar selection?

Tech Guru

Use a proxy service and that pretty much handles the issue. Theres a tutorial in a few places to get you started:

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4468

That's one of the ways, or just ask a buddy abroad to purchase & DL it for ya.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Use a proxy service and that pretty much handles the issue. Theres a tutorial in a few places to get you started:

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4468
    Thats from the FAQ - all hail ye holy FAQ

So glad we still have it in our sigs.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Default Soulseek

One word man. Soulseek.

Such BS. "Here's my cash." "Sorry you don't have the rights for that." They are basically forcing you to steal. Idiots. Who cares which label gets the cash as long as some of it gets to the artist.

Tech Wizard

Agreed. I think it's time we boycott by NOT buying these restri- Oh wait...
    Most stuff tends to find it's way to mediafire in time, and if worst comes to very worst you can try isolating/ripping it from other DJ's mixes.
    There's also ways of getting music off of Soundcloud, but Soundcloud is a great service and you should feel bad for trying to steal from them.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    One word man. Soulseek.

Such BS. "Here's my cash." "Sorry you don't have the rights for that." They are basically forcing you to steal. Idiots. Who cares which label gets the cash as long as some of it gets to the artist.
    There are reasons for territory restrictions. And your statement makes no sense... first you wanna steal the song, then you are preaching about just wanting the artist to get some money. You do realize that when you steal the track the artist gets nothing right?

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    There are reasons for territory restrictions. And your statement makes no sense... first you wanna steal the song, then you are preaching about just wanting the artist to get some money. You do realize that when you steal the track the artist gets nothing right?
    +1
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

It is mysterious that beatport has so many restricted tracks when I often find those are freely available via juno.co.uk, junodownload.com and masterbeat.com. In fact, the latter has really been ramping up their selection and now offers wav for most everything (i only buy wav... or cd or vinyl). Interestingly, MB has a dark blue Flash interface similar to BP. I hate it, esp. compared to the nice clean Juno interface, and it's quite slow. But, MB generally has better prices than Juno.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast