Wow! My laptop's realtek HD soundcard has an unlockable 4x2 interface!
    Tech Mentor

Default Wow! My laptop's realtek HD soundcard has an unlockable 4x2 interface!

After giving out on my buggy serato box in Win 7 x64, I decided to try ASIO4ALL with my internal sound card to see if my issues were due to my soundcard or with traktor pro it self.. Alittle background on my laptop, I have a pretty new Acer 7740g with 17" 1600x800, lcd core i5, 4gb ram, 500gb hd, ati 5650, got it at a pretty solid price of $800 on newegg. The only issue was it was running win7 x64, and there are no drivers that work with XP. Sound card wise, the laptop has a realtek HD, with Headphone out/spdif, line out, mic/line in + ati HDMI sound card. After installing ASIO4ALL I realized the ATI HDMI provides 8ch of audio over hdmi, each assignable in traktor, if only there was a box that could convert the 8 digital outputs to analog.. Well I also found out that the headphone and lineout on my realtek HD are actually sperate channels, with using the WDM driver they are linked together, but when in ASIO they are sperate.. So i ran 2x 1/8" stero to dual RCA calbes from my laptop to my mixer and I basically have a built in 4x2 audio interface. Too bad i figured this out 4hrs after I ordered a audio2dj, but I hope this can help others who are trying to get into DJ'ing and don't have a external sound card yet.

Summary
    --------------------
    If you get a new laptop with the realtek HD audio sound card and have 2 headphone outputs that are linked together, they can be assigned to separate stereo channels with ASIO4ALL!

True that. Win-wise, ASIO4ALL is nice!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    After giving out on my buggy serato box in Win 7 x64, I decided to try ASIO4ALL with my internal sound card to see if my issues were due to my soundcard or with traktor pro it self.. Alittle background on my laptop, I have a pretty new Acer 7740g with 17" 1600x800, lcd core i5, 4gb ram, 500gb hd, ati 5650, got it at a pretty solid price of $800 on newegg. The only issue was it was running win7 x64, and there are no drivers that work with XP. Sound card wise, the laptop has a realtek HD, with Headphone out/spdif, line out, mic/line in + ati HDMI sound card. After installing ASIO4ALL I realized the ATI HDMI provides 8ch of audio over hdmi, each assignable in traktor, if only there was a box that could convert the 8 digital outputs to analog.. Well I also found out that the headphone and lineout on my realtek HD are actually sperate channels, with using the WDM driver they are linked together, but when in ASIO they are sperate.. So i ran 2x 1/8" stero to dual RCA calbes from my laptop to my mixer and I basically have a built in 4x2 audio interface. Too bad i figured this out 4hrs after I ordered a audio2dj, but I hope this can help others who are trying to get into DJ'ing and don't have a external sound card yet.

Summary
    --------------------
    If you get a new laptop with the realtek HD audio sound card and have 2 headphone outputs that are linked together, they can be assigned to separate stereo channels with ASIO4ALL!
    Hi there, this is my first post, so I hope you can help?

I have a Dell XPS laptop with a Realtek soundcard, I also have the ASIO4ALL driver installed.

I have just bought Traktor and I have been trying to get it working using your instructions so I can have the 2 decks on Traktor working on separate outputs. There are 3 x 1/8" jacks on the side of my laptop, 1 mic & 2 headphone, one of the headphone sockets shows as S/PDIF out.

When I plug in I get a pop up from the realtek audio software and it asks me what I have plugged in? It depends on which jack socket I use as to what options it gives me... (take the following description as I am looking directly at the jack sockets).

Right side jack (mic) - line in / mic in / rear speaker out

Middle jack (headphone) - headphone / rear speaker / centre speaker or sub / S/PDIF

Left jack (headphone) - headphone / front speaker out

I have tried playing with the settings on the ASIO control panel and I have tried every configuration with the soundcard software to get it working but it just isn't having it.

Have you any suggestions as to what I can do?

Sorry to launch in here, but I've been trying for ages and I'm really frustrated with it!!!

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks, Dan!

hmm my XPS laptop has two headphone sockets... perhaps I'll give ASIO4ALL a try tonight.. thanks!

Personally I would rather use a External Sound card than the laptops internal one.

But if it works...it works I guess.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin