Who uses Duo?

Thread: Who uses Duo?

Tech Mentor

Default Who uses Duo?

I wanna hear from a lot of Traktor Scratch Duo users. If there are many threads on these topics or issues that I'm wondering about, will someone direct me in the right direction because I'm missing them.

I'm considering getting Duo. Do you guys/gals like it? What kind of controls are or were you using for looping, FX, and playing multiple cue points? I'm wondering if it is a pain in the ass to have to access those things just from your keyboard? If any of you are using the X1, do you find it to be a good fit?

Do you find yourself missing or wishing you had anything that Pro has? The main thing I'm not understanding is what good a midi or master clock does (which as I understand it, Duo doesn't have). I currently use a VCI-100 w/ 1.2 firmware and am considering picking up a pair of turntables. I'm not asking the difference between Pro & Duo. I know most of that. Just more for the community of Duo users' opinions. Thanks in advance.

Shull

Duo isnt bad at all, its limitations are that it only has 2 decks, you cant record sets internally in Traktor and it has a fair few less effects.

Looping, cue pints, beatjumps n all that good stuff still stay the same. The X1 is definitely better suited to the job than your keyboard, you really want to touch your computer as little as possible when playing. A midi master cock is only of any use to you if your trying to sync external midi gear to traktor, but to be honest midi syncing is unreliable anyway so your not missing anything there.

If you plan to use eans mapping you wont be able to get the most out of the fx section, nor will c/d deck work - but for the most part it should go alright.

If you got the money go pro, otherwise duo is a pretty decent stepping stone if you cant wait.

Welcome to the community btw

Tech Mentor

I appreciate what BentoSan had to write. Anyone else have anything to add? No more Duo users out there with opinions?

Duo Rocks

u can always upgrade to pro for just $79 ~ the only thing ur missing is the 4 Decks (audio 8 dj) and the stickers

yeah thats right - scratch duo package doesnt come with traktor stickers! Lolz

Other than that (especially if you only use two decks only) - Duo is awesomely priced and well featured
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

i use duo, the x1, and a one turntable/mixer timecode setup.works like a dream. alot of bang for your buck
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----