output problem???
    Tech Convert

Default output problem???

Does anyone else have a problem with a dip in output/volume?? I use my VCI alongside a Kontrol x1, ive had the x1 for a litl while now and it seems that when i started using the VCI that ive lost some volume at the club.. I have to turn up all gains internally and externally.. Any help would be much appreciated...

Welcome to the forum.

We need some more information on your system, OS and software.

Sounds like you might be clipping (too much output and the club's system is protecting itself by compressing your input to it), we need more details. I doubt the problem is the VCI as it is only Midi control and your problem is sound. Still, need more details.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Convert

Thnx for the welcome Phil.. Forgot to add my sig.. wasn't sure if it was the piece causing the problem or if im missing something simple.. which wouldn't surprise me either..
    TSP 1.2.4 - Audio 8 - Kontrol x1 - VCI-100SE - CDJ 1000 MK2 - OSX 10.5.8 - 2.4 GHz Intel - 2GB

What does the meter at the top of the Traktor window look like? Is it in the red? What is your master set to in dB?

Just some thoughts.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Convert

Actually looked into what u said about the compression.. spoke to my sound guy and it very well might be the prob.. Since ive only used the piece out 3 times now, I was curious if it has happen to anyone else by chance.. were going to check it out this weekend.. Also i play with another cat and he uses Serato, playin through his Rane mixer into the main mixer.. So were thinking when he's playin with his gains up it might be trippin the gates.. we shall see sat.. Thnx for responding, I will let u know..

Teo
    TSP 1.2.4 - Audio 8 - Kontrol x1 - VCI-100SE - CDJ 1000 MK2 - OSX 10.5.8 - 2.4 GHz Intel - 2GB

Tech Convert

No problems with the VCI... All on the clubs end end... Thnx again