MAYDAY need info on i5 processors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MAYDAY need info on i5 processors

I will soon buy new laptop. Is core i5 "safe" for djing I know its funny question but its new in dj world,and it can be use only wit DDR3 memory witch have grater latency then DDR2. So any info on it will be useful.
    Thank you.

The i5 chips are the bomb, much more powerful than the core 2 duo series - if i was buying a new pc i would go for the i5 series chips

thanx bento, but I hope if someone has experience with it ... again I will be first

Tech Convert

The i5 processor is amazing, don't worry about that.

Audio problems stem from the chipset, and Firewire / USB cards/chips.

What are you planning on buying?

asus N61JV model http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=RZGwDN2NnWZ7NhbH
    every year there is something that shouldn't be bought...i am out of the loop, so I hope I don't buy something bad
    Last edited by mekon_ca; 04-07-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Tech Guru

I have a dell xps 16 with an i5 chip...works great! Traktor is super smooth. I can run other applications with it and have no issues.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

IMPORTANT: Reseach DPC latency on whatever laptop your thinking about buying BEFORE you buy it, i you end up getting a laptop useless for audio then its your own fault... you have been warned !

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    IMPORTANT: Reseach DPC latency on whatever laptop your thinking about buying BEFORE you buy it, i you end up getting a laptop useless for audio then its your own fault... you have been warned !
    Agreed ^^^
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I agree, i though macs were overrated, expensive and did the same as pc's (iv'e had my macbook for about 4 years until it recenly broke, and I've been using PC's since i was 8 years old). I decided to get a PC laptop this time as core i5 macbooks weren't out and I didn't want to pay more for less power but getting a c2d macbook. Well for audio, OSX wins... Windows 7 x64 has been full of issues in my dj endeavors.. I might try to run a hackntosh pretty soon, as of right now i cant get my SL1 box to work with my laptop but my audio2dj + traktor are working fine for the mean time.

Testing DPC will be tricky. I will have to make portable WINxp or WIN7 with pre installed (ONLY this driver)chipset driver intel H55 and beg seller to allow me to run it on laptop and test the latency. like "allow me to do that and I am buying it". loooong shot

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE ASUS N61JV has eSATA and I have external hdd with eSATA-I can boot it from it. hapy hapy hapy
    Last edited by mekon_ca; 04-08-2010 at 01:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast