Audio 4 soundcard drop outs
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Audio 4 soundcard drop outs

Anyone else had issues with their audio 4 soundcard dropping out for a second at a time approx every 1 min or so ?

I have played will all sorts of latency settings and get no cracks and pops. However every one min or so the entire signal will drop out for a second then start playing again, by drop out i mean the audio goes completely out with no sound. It does this with both Traktor and Ableton, so its not the software bugging out.

Tried all sorts of usb/audio buffer latency settings, from min to max and tried disabling all the usb power management in the windows device manager, still trying different things but i thought i would pop a message here to see if anyone else has had the issue to hopefully save me some diagnosis time tonight when i try again.

Tech Mentor

try this: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

see if you're getting red lag spikes that coincide with lag, if so then it's another device/driver that's possibly hanging up your system. I had a similar issue, after disabling my wifi card the lag stopped.

Tech Wizard

same here. i used for over 3 years and never got this problem but now... so weird!

@Shane its bento

try optimizations from txt file(scroll down) http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7003
    or the whole OS from that topic

STill no problems here. *~crosses fingers this will stay that way~*
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I do not have a any problems using my echo audio4 firewire and have no DPC latency issues.

I am not talking about pops and crackles here which are usually DPC latency issues, but complete sound drop outs for about second - even with the absence of settings that yield no pops or cracks.

If i end up working it out i will post here what it was, but until then i am open to suggestions.

I should also note that i have already done nearly all optimization tricks in the book before buying the audio 4 - so my PC in terms of optimizations is already good to go.

Only thing that pops to mind is the obvious: what did you install/update lately?

Did you just start using the A4DJ or was working well and just started doing this? Maybe just un-install the driver and re-install.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I just started using the Audio4DJ yesterday and had this issue strait out of the box, i have the latest drivers installed at the moment, i might try rolling the drivers back.

have you tried just the audio4 plugged in and no other usb devices plugged in? does that make any difference?

good luck bento
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

yup it hasnt even been plugged in with any other devices yet

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast