2 Q's about the A&H 2d line faders..
    Banned

Default 2 Q's about the A&H 2d line faders..

Thinking about a 2d the only thing that is holding me back from purchasing is the line faders... I'd be mixxing internally on it at least initially which means I'd be needing the faders to act as deck volume fader and pitch fader...

Are the faders so tight you can't slam them up extremely quick?

Are they loose so you they can't be used as pitch faders without it being annoying?

Are they good solid faders for both jobs????

I geuss im just used to vci-100/analog mixer line fader style and im oh so afraid this 2d is gonna get here and be not what I want...

anyone own one and/or know what im talkin about?

I own a 1D and presume the faders will be the same. I mix with an external mixer so have not tested the faders for your purpose extensively in a live situation. I would say they are a little too long and tight for really quick slamming as line faders. However, I do mix internally sometimes (for recording mixes) and the faders are fine for this purpose. Depends on your mixing style really. As for pitch faders, obviously they have no zero detent. Other than that I think they would be Ok - a bit on the loose side for pitch faders maybee.

why not just head down to a near by gear shop and test it out? the faders on my 1d are pretty loose... dont think I would want to use them for pitch control. although you could use one of the endless encoders for fine adjustment.