VCI SE overlays are wrong?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default VCI SE overlays are wrong?

In the atteched image, taken from the Ean post, you can see that there are some missing labels in the copy deck session: "A>C" and "B>C" are missing!!

Yesterday I ordered my overlays. Are they printed wrong?
    Ean, could you please confirm that my overlays are ok (without missing labels)?

Thank You.

Edit: I know the second image is the old one, it's a mistake... :-) So look only at the deck copy section!
    Last edited by fcarsana; 10-21-2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Second picture (old one)

Overlays must be in order with firmware v1.3

RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

and I don't know where that SE image is from but its an old version - the top right corner is all performance modes on the actual SE

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rjw View Post
    and I don't know where that SE image is from but its an old version - the top right corner is all performance modes on the actual SE
    Oh sorry! I've attached the old one...
    But the point is that in the overlays in the first picture there are 2 missing labels in deck copy section "A>C" and "B>C"...
    Yesterday I ordered my overlays and I'd like to know if there are that labels...
    I hope you understand...

I understand, and you do seem to be right - the labels are missing. On the other hand, I think it looks a lot cleaner without them though!

sharp observation fcarsana! ;]
    deephouse mix click here
    bangin' house mix click here
    VCI-100SE arcade button mod pictures here
    myspace/runehund
    doggydog.net

Tech Mentor

yea sharp observation......but is not a big deal !!

meh doesn't make a diff to me, wish the overlays had the Vestax logo on them though for some extra cred

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Corneliusd View Post
    meh doesn't make a diff to me, wish the overlays had the Vestax logo on them though for some extra cred
    yea me too but i think e coulnt use it because of the copyrights policies lol
    Last edited by luigislaperig; 10-21-2008 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luigislaperig View Post
    yea me too but i think e coulnt use it because of the copyrights policies lol
    it would have made them more expensive for people in the US because they would have gone through the exclusive distributor of Vestax gear.

Yesterday I ordered my overlays. Are they printed wrong?
    Ean, could you please confirm that my overlays are ok (without missing labels)?
    no that was not an oversight but intentional. That area was a little too crowded on the original SE so to clean things up a bit I re-did the labeling there. IMO, a or b copy to C was fairly intuitive and didn’t need to be labeled. I left a to B copy ( the much more common control) so the function listing would be there and to remind you of the copy function.

Sorry if thats a disappointment but the goal was to make the section easier to read and less confusing by removing the less important labeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast