Good sites for current music and remixes - downloads

Default Good sites for current music and remixes - downloads

Hi guys,

I'm in South Africa and find it hard to keep up.
    By the time we play a song here it's almost old news in other countries.

Can anyone advise me on some sites where I can download more up to date mixes and dance club hits, PLEASE.

Youtube get has worked well so far but it stopped working a couple of days ago.
    I would normally get it from there.

Regards
    DJ Stone

Banned

Just have to stay on top of you game mate. Be on Beatport often, look at record labels you like and look fir their new/soon to be releases. Same with any producers you like, stick to their artist page be it an official website, myspace, facebook and so on. Check out your fav DJ's current charts, they usually do one a month.

This isn't it, just some friendly advice. There's no substitute to just digging and listening so try that as well

Thank you,

I do check on the regular stuff but need to get more into following some good DJ's. Out here we have none but the local radio DJ'They all play the hit off the cd it seems.

Any idea on where to find listings of dj's and there genres the do.

I've been searching high and low.

Problem is, i don't just play a set. I play the entire evening. Have to keep up with all genres. R&B - Hip Hop - Commercial - Vocal - Trance and more.

Thanks for your help Nephew.

It would be easier for people to help you if you chose a particular genre and asked for artists/ labels of that genre Say...your favorite genre. I find it doesn't really matter if you have the newest freshest tracks (well, to some extent, I wouldn't play sandstorm for instance ), because most of the people at the clubs/ parties (unless you're playing a particular genre night at a club where the turnout of people will be there because they follow it) don't follow the scene and just want to hear good music and have fun

Tech Guru

i would find a record pool that has a variety of music. Mymp3pool is pretty decent....it has a alot of hip hop and electro and decent amount of remixes and house. For 20 bucks a month its a decent place to pile up on "filler" music and they usually have some decent remixes. Then like these guys said you need to check out a few websites. Lately i've been on Swedish House Mafia's site and they usually have a song up thats coming out up. And, then yep - beatport!!

there's some good blogs on the main site here that talk about where or how to find music.

Thanks everyone,

It's great to ask a question and have feedback from you all.
    Thank you very much.
    Please accept my apologies if i ask stupid questions.
    I'm learning.
    Cannot believe how behind we are over in SA.
    I do quite well with my parties and always get more bookings so I would like to
    get better than the average DJ here.

Thank you once again.

Tech Wizard

Also look at Soundcloud. I'm following a few artist there who drop snippits of their album/tracks.

http://hypem.com/

Also check Best Seller Lists of all genres on http://www.junodownload.com/

You can also sign up to Podcasts on Resident Advisor http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast.aspx

And use the itunes genius sidebar. Buy a couple of good underground tracks off itunes, activate the genius sidebar and see what it suggests.

Probably my main ways of getting music now :-)

I do miss going into a record shop and the dude behind the counter, who knows me, pulling out a massive stack of tunes to go through and spending hours by a deck checking out tunes and rushing with excitement and discovering golden nuggets... ah well
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.