Bass-heavy Genres around 145-160
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bass-heavy Genres around 145-160

so.. i reignited my love with dnb thanks to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0fHWBHum0I

and now i want to throw in some dnb with my usual dubstep. i know of some good transition tunes between the two, but i don't want to jump so fast between the two like that all the time. if anyone can suggest some good genres that kind of fit between dnb and dubstep with sound and tempo, it would be much appreciated
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Actually I've found that breaks really mix well into Dubstep, but maybe it's just me. A transition from Breaks to DnB isn't that far off either. Not sure if that helps, but something to think on at least.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    Actually I've found that breaks really mix well into Dubstep, but maybe it's just me. A transition from Breaks to DnB isn't that far off either. Not sure if that helps, but something to think on at least.
    isn't that sort of slowing down though? most all of the breaks in my collection are around 130's. definitely mix well though for sure.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Breaks goes awesome into dubstep - dont play them at their original speed though speed them up to like 136 or 138. The key lock in Traktor keeps it sounding good, breaks gives the feel of a faster tune just because there is more going on.

But it you want tunes that are faster than dubstep then heres a few I have brought from beatport lately

Foolish Silence - Ooah
    Bang That - An-ten-nae
    Gett n Money - Ultrablack
    Suprise - Shakes
    Boombox - Bass Nectar

Tech Guru

so basically you want styles that sit around 150.

big beat, hiphop, glitchhop / downtempo idm, some jump up/dnb, breakcore

A big plus 1 million for boombox. Especially the ILL.GATES remix...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdOnznEPbnM
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Throw in some Psybreaks!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

i dunno what type of dnb you are trying to ramp up to, but you could use some type of jump up song that shares a lot of dubstep with dubstep

I always think of this song as dubstep on crack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAE-wYo1bjM

and this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcotU7OVzqE

sounds great at around 140 bpm. What you can do, is drop into it, then ramp up in a breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    isn't that sort of slowing down though? most all of the breaks in my collection are around 130's. definitely mix well though for sure.
    while technically it is - breaks tracks sound way faster since theres almost twice as much snares in them. also they have the same breakbeats used in dnb, so it kinda fits. (i feel like dubstep is alot more 70bpm than its 140. i produce in 140 too, so mixing things together is easier).

as for genres: big beat is really the way to go as for speed and similar style. most stuff is somewhere between 100 and 160 bpm. check out bassnectar, rogue element or the prodigy. just what came to mind first.

if you're not satisfied: produce tracks in that speed. some more dubsteppy some more drumnbassy. i know you can.
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

You can also look into the emerging subgenre of Dubstep, which is "drumstep". I mean, I'm pretty against all the minor genre titles, but this works out pretty much to the exact point you may be going for to be honest.

I still feel mixing from dubstep to breaks to dnb works like a charm if you find the right combo of songs.

Another thing to consider as well, and it might not be a huge help, but I know a lot of people who are entering the Dubstep scene from Hip-Hop. So finding a couple good hip hop tunes with dirty basslines probably isn't a bad transition either, but it is a whole other bag of worms.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast