VCI-100 Crossfader problem

Default VCI-100 Crossfader problem

Howdy partners,

had a problem with my VCI-100 for around a week and wondered if anyone has had it or could suggest any fixes. the position of the crossfader on my VCI doesn't match up with the position of the crossfader in Traktor on my Macbook Pro. When the fader is centred on Traktor the position of the fader on my VCI is further to the left about half way over. I've tried re-setting, disconnecting, i've imported the new TSI file and also downloaded the recent NI update however nothing corrects it.

I use my VCI out gigging and would rather not remove the crossfader completely in the settings. If this isn't fixable has anyone replaced a crossfader on a VCI? I have 2 overlays over the casing so can't see how this would be easy :-(

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Scot.

try cleaning the crossfader with isopropanol (alcohol) or something like this: http://amzn.to/9xan8Y

otherwise just search the forums for fader replacement, it has been successfully done. i don't think the overlays will bother doing it..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

Turn the knob on the back panel of the vci all the way to the left (if you are looking at the back panel). The xfader curve is set to a more scratch friendly setting at the moment.

Try moving the X fader all the way over to one side, and then with the mouse drag it over all the way as well to the same side. Then move the fader around and see if the movement tracks.

More of a quick fix, not really sure whats going on.

Thanks for the replies guys. have tried all of them and theres no change so looks like i'll have to explore another crossfader.....grrrrrr

Tech Convert

try being more careful with it! haha!

its maybe just a bit of dirt in the fader, iv got a can of compressed air, we can try that on friday before we go out!!

andy