Laptop advise please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Laptop advise please

Hello all I would really appreciate some advice I need a laptop for djing to run traktor pro and my vci-100 se I was wondering if this laptop would do the job HP Pavilion DM3-1111sa I dont really want any bigger than a 13" model think the 15s are a bit big for djing just wondered if anyone was using this model or had any thoughts thanks in advance

regards

Wayne

Tech Guru

inb4 "get a mac"

lol, anyhow I looked up the specs on that, and it seems to be adequate. I'm not too sure how fast a 1.6ghz AMD Athlon Neo is in comparison to other Intel based chips, I'd imagine that's where you might run into a bottle neck if any. It shows that your laptop supports up to 8GB of RAM, I recommend packing it to at least 2GB for performance reasons if you havent already.

I think the Athlon Neo is a CULV oriented CPU with lower processing demands in mind in exchange for efficient battery life and more cost effective laptop solutions. The closest thing I can imagine comparing it to is perhaps an Intel Atom from the sounds of it.

Are you considering upgrading?

Tech Guru

Also bear in mind, that performance is also partially dependent on how well the OS is maintained and trimmed down. I would recommend creating a Windows install disc using nLite to really get the most stable, efficient foundation you can on your system.

I have an HP with an amd 1.6ghz processor and it does the trick. I'd go for more processing and ram if you can afford it, but you shouldn't have a problem.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Apple laptops are a rip-off. My Windows 7 machine smokes and runs Traktor PRO like a dream for 1/3 the price. Get something with at least a Dual Core 2 GHZ processor, 3 GB RAM amd 320 GB HD. I highly recommend Windows 7. Stay away from Vista. You should pay between $400 - $500. Just realized you want a 13" screen. That might be more expensive. I DJ with a 15.6" and it's fine. And cheaper.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    My Windows 7 machine smokes
    Might wanna get that checked out lol

There are tons of notebooks, but wich one is the right... The endless Q.
    The DM3 is great but still bit overpriced, cause of the dedicated graphic card. For the same price tag u can get HP Pro Book 5310 (13'', C2D 2,2 Ghz, 2Gb of RAM, 320 drive, no optical drive unfortunatly) its stylish (the lid is NOT plastic) and far more powerfull with the C2D ;-)
    Or if u are looking for the cheapest possible solution i think the Asus 1201N with DC Atom 330 and ION (1024p playback :-)) should do the trick! :-)
    If u are rich get en MacBook or HP Envy (Hp is offering Traktor DUO with it, also really low DPC latency)

EDIT: oh the 5310 is only available in Europe
    Last edited by CrissC; 04-14-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djwayne View Post
    Hello all I would really appreciate some advice I need a laptop for djing to run traktor pro and my vci-100 se I was wondering if this laptop would do the job HP Pavilion DM3-1111sa I dont really want any bigger than a 13" model think the 15s are a bit big for djing just wondered if anyone was using this model or had any thoughts thanks in advance

regards

Wayne

How much does that cost and whats your budget?

Tech Convert

Hello thanks for your feedback everyone in the uk that laptop is 500 pound think i will have to go for a 15 " model as they work out so much cheaper and you get a lot more for your money I want something that is strong though not something that will fall apart thanks everyone.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

With £500 you could get a second hand Macbook.

You wouldnt have to fanny around with tweaking it.
    You could get a 13".
    You would look cool and all the girls will love you.

Mac users get more girls, its a scientific fact according to NASA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast