Using a mic when broadcasting.
    Tech Wizard

Default Using a mic when broadcasting.

So hopefully I'll be doing an online radio "show" of sorts. I've sent off an application and been given half an hour to show everyone the kind of stuff I'd be playing.

Problem is, I need a mic (it was specified to "not be a cd player") and I'm having some difficulty finding out about setting this up, I don't even know if it's possible.

I have an internal mic, which traktor pro has no problem recognizing and picking up sounds from, but I have no idea where to go from there. I'm assuming that I wont need any additional hardware, since I'm not going from mic to amp or even from laptop to mic. Everything should be getting done from the inside.

Any help/info? I've looked through traktors manual and not found anything of use, is there a software I should be looking to download? Thanks a lot for your continued help and support, I'd be totally useless without this forums guidance.

Traktor won't let you use 2 soundcards at the same time, so using internal laptop's mic while Traktor is using typical DJ external soundcard is not possible.

You have to route mic into that external soundcard (in Traktor, you will route it to a deck you do not use and set the deck as audio through)... i dunno how to do this with your internal mic, and i am pretty sure it is not worth the trouble.

State your soundcard, and we will take it from there.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Wizard

It is a second hand (but in full working order) maya44. I say "full" working order, it's less than the bear minimum for a sound card. I can't even cue from it!

Quote Originally Posted by saidancer View Post
    It is a second hand (but in full working order) maya44. I say "full" working order, it's less than the bear minimum for a sound card. I can't even cue from it!
    you cant cue? how so? i thought maya44 has more channels than just one pair...[IMG]www.sonido40.com/tienda/images/maya44usb.jpg[/IMG]

yea... it has 2 pairs. what is wrong?
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Wizard

The headphone socket doesn't separate the outputs, unfortunately.
    Anyway, I've decided to not bother using the maya44, and just do everything from the computer. That way I can use the audio through trick you said as well as using traktor.
    I figure the headphone jack can't be TOO bad quality, especially since I'll be loosing a lot of quality through the broadcast anyway.
    Thanks for your help.

Tech Wizard

Ok now something VERY bizarre is happening. I set up nicecast along with traktor when I had the soundcard plugged in (just using the headphone jack for the speakers...Pointless I know), but now when I unplug the soundcard nicecast wont recognize there's any sound coming out of traktor! So nicecast is obviously not feeling my internal soundcard after it'd had tasted the external one. Traktor IS making sound off of the internal soundcard, playing and everything, but nicecast just wont register it unless I have the soundcard plugged in.
    Anyone know what is going on and how I'm supposed to fix it?
    Last edited by saidancer; 04-16-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: mispewings