Roadtrip Calgary-NY

Default Roadtrip Calgary-NY

So before I head back home to the Netherlands after living and working here in Canada for half a year, I want to see some more of North America. I decided to make this crazy trip from Calgary all the way to New York without flying.

I was just wondering if there are any spots I shouldn't miss on the way, and clubs I should definately visit in the cites I'm going to.

Cities I'll be visiting:

Calgary
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Toronto
    Montreal
    Quebec
    Boston
    New York

If there are any DJTTmembers that live in one of these cities, let me know! I would love to explore the nightlife everywhere I go.. Maybe we could team up

thx guys!

While you are in Boston, it really depends on the night. In Cambridge (right next to Boston) there is a little club/bar called the Pheonix Landing. They have DnB nights every Thursday night. I believe they have some other EDM on Wednesdays as well.

http://www.elements-dnb.com/ is their website.

I'm actually unhappy I was unable to go this evening because of $$ issues atm, because Dieselboy was playing. Most of my buddies are at the show currently, and he's one of my favorite DJ's.

Also if you are in the area, Worcester has some decent small Dubstep parties going on every other Tuesday night. (Worcester is about 45 minutes outside of Boston, easy to get to off the highway). Bass Embassy is the name of the night, and it's pretty happening every time. It's held upstairs at a little bar called the 5th Amendment. Mostly local DJ's and guys who are regional, but always a good time. I find it's generally a younger crowd.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=173447153230 is their facebook group.

One thing to note is that most "events" in Massachusetts go from 10pm-2am because of the old standing puritan laws about staying out late.

But if you time it right, things can be fun. I know Ed Oberon is supposed to be spinning at Elements some time in the near future (next couple months), and the bar always has a nice little vibe to it.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

so I guess you will be blowing right past cleveland Ohio

Wow thanks BigC! Awesome post and I'll definately keep it in mind.

I might need to clarify a bit more about my trip though.

My flight home leaves the 11th of may from JFK New York. So I'm taking the bus, train and I'm gonna hitchhike my way there, planning to stay in each of te above mentioned cities for about 2 to 3 nights. I want to stay in NY a bit longer, say 4 or 5 days.

Since I'll mainly travel by public transport, getting outside of the city centres will be a problem so I'll probably stick to the more downtown clubs.

Just another question, since the minimum drinking age in the US is 21, will ihave a hard time getting into clubs as a 20 year old?

Most clubs well let you in at 18 I've found, so you shouldn't have an issue. You just won't be able to drink is all. I know that some clubs are pretty strict about it in some places I've been to (Miami) as far as letting in people under 21, but you should be fine in the North-East. NYC may be a different story.

And yeah, the Bass Embassy thing in Worcester may be a bit out of your way then while you are in Boston even if you were able to time it right, but the club/bar in Cambridge is right off the Subway so wouldn't be an issue.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Man, you'll have a blast in Montreal. Just beware the sketchy door guys trying to convince you to go into their strip club...The good clubs don't need someone heckling to get people to come Safe travels!

First night in Chicago. First reaction: drinking ages are GAY. Met some awesome people though. Can't wait to go partying in Toronto!

In Toronto now.. Any tips on clubs I should go to? Preferably house music..