Screen recorder OSX. Best freeware?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Screen recorder OSX. Best freeware?

Looking for a good basic straight forward screen video recorder for OSX (snow). Found loads on the net but before I go downloading I'd thought I'd ask on here if anyone uses one they can recommend? And due to me knowing that I'm not really gonna use it that much at all, I can't warrant spending any money on it. So freeware only please (no demos with trial periods).
    If it was something I am going to use all the time I'd spend the money on something decent. But I'm not, so just a basic screen video recorder, with audio capture capabilities (ideally with the use of my Audio 8 as well as internal speakers) would be splendid.

Anyone?

Thanks a bunch.

Tech Mentor

Don't you have quick time player? that has a screen recording function with snow leopard...

Cheers
    D

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by S4racen View Post
    Don't you have quick time player? that has a screen recording function with snow leopard...

Cheers
    D
    No fucking way! Holy shit, so it does. Well you learn something new every day! You fucking legend, cheers!

Funny how when I googled that shit nothing came up about Quicktime having that function.

Nice one.

Tech Guru

How about if you don't have snow leopard?
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Mentor

You don't get it!! It;s shit, i upgraded to Quicktime pro on my Quad downstairs thinking i'd get screen capture and yet i don't with Tiger....

Cheers
    D

Tech Student

I think the best screen recorder for mac is Macvide Screencap. It's not free but have a trial version.

Tech Student

What about me,i use Macvide ScreenCap. too

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Oh my god i didnt know QT had screen recording .

Works just fine... nice tip

is it QT that has the built in images when someone *clicks* a point on the screen, it makes some sort of water-esque ripple, or identifies the point they're manipulating software?

like for traktor tutorials n stuff
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I just tried and it didnt show the clicks or any fancy stuff. It literally recorded the screen as it was.

Cant see a setting for it.

Id like that as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast