Tech Student

Default need help with cables

2 - Denon DNS1200 w/ D-Link
    1 - Behringer DDM4000
    1 - Pyle PZR6XA Amplifier
    2 - Pyle PADH212 Speakers
    1 - M-AUDIO MIDISPORT 2x2
    Traktor Scratch Pro on Dell Studio 15 laptop w/ Soundblaster X-Fi

Could you please look over this setup and tell me what cables/adapters do I need to get best sound/speed and how many of each?

Thank you for your help!

this kind of depends on how you're going to use it. the main issue i see here is that you don't have an external soundcard to route into. an ideal setup would be this:

2 (pair) RCAs running from each DNS1200 to inputs on your soundcard
    2 (pair) RCAs running out into channels 1 & 2 on DDM4000
    2 MIDI cables (5 pin DIN) running from DDM4000 to midisport
    2 XLRs from main out on DDM4000 to amp (if running the amp in stereo)
    2 "banana plug" -> 1/4'' TS cables to run from amp outputs to speakers

so for this all you would really need would be a soundcard with at least 2 rca inputs and 2 outputs (audio 4 dj, audio 8 dj)

hope this helps
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

They should have all... came with cables? And depending on what you want to accomplish, there are usually different ways to do it... I dunno about using the firewire ports from your DNSs for Timecodes, because you need an NI approved audio device... As for setting up sound... decks>mixer>amp>speakers... let's say you get an Audio DJ 4 (like me) you'd be able to use TimeCodes in Traktor. VDJ can use any HQ input for timecodes... As for setting up with that... It'd look like this... decks>mixer/A4DJ(splits here)a:sound card out to your cans-amp>speakers and b: sound card is connected to your computer, as well as your MIDIsport. Regarding actual cueing... you would DEFINITELY need an NI 'approved' card because Traktor does not support multiple audio I/O devices, but supports multiple I/O PORTS on a single device. You could try ASIO... but it'd be a pain in the ass. I'm assuming you wanted to use your behringer as a MIDI controller, which is possible, but you can't send audio data over a midi channel... so how would your DNSs Timecode sound get to the computer?! :-/ I say buy and Audio 4/8 DJ card, they come with all the cables and a SUPER SWEET PICTURE MANUAL! I'm sure you could find it on google... or yahoo... or *bing!*... Yup... It's there..

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=audio+4+dj+manual&aq=f&aqi=g-m2&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=[/ame]

BAM 3rd link
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

HA!
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Tech Student

Thanks a lot guys. I will probably buy CAT5 cable for D-Link too. Both mixer and players are Traktor Ready, but I guess I can't have ddm4000 as midi and ns1200 connected via usb. Info on NI website made it look like it's possible as a hybrid system. Any suggestions on cable brands/deals? Also what about the optional lengths (mostly in-house frat parties)? And if you have other ideas on little tweaks to this setup I'd be glad to hear them!

Tech Student

Could someone also give me an advice about amp to speakers matching?

Specs for speakers
    http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?model=PADH212

Amp
    http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?model=PQ3000

Thanks!