Traktor scratch pro and a midi controller?

Default Traktor scratch pro and a midi controller?

Hey guys, so one of my friends is selling two 1210 mk5's for a price I can't really turn down, and I'm thinking about trying to run those with something like the vms4 or xone dx (we'll see how many hours im scheduled for in the weeks to come haha) and scratch pro. My question is in regards to setting this all up...I understand setting this up with traditional mixer, but with one of these controllers will I lose the effects since the it is not connected directly to the computer? Or would I also have the controller connected to my laptop via usb? In most of the videos for the vms4 it says you can plug in external devices but I wasn't sure of the traktor scatch compatibility. I have never ventured outside of controllers so this is quite a bit to take in haha thanks guys!

Basically you can set those up with a regular mixer, and use an additional controller like the NI Kontrol X1 to control different cue points and effects in Traktor. There's no need to use one of the all in one workstations, though it's not a bad idea for mobility. The one thing about the Xone DX as well is that it's only a MIDI controller, meaning that you have to be running traktor to mix, you can't just use it as an analog mixer. The Xone 4D takes that cup o tea.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

set-up the decks/dvs and mix on internal mode to use the controller for mixing

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud