Alpha fader for VCM 600
    Tech Wizard

Default Alpha fader for VCM 600

Here goes guys,
    I have opened the guts of my VCM 600 as I have a volume fader that is misbehaving since I spilt some beer on my mixer! I have narrowed the volume fader manufacturer to be Alpha and the dimensions of the fader are as listed on this spec sheet
    How would I identify what rating the fader would be so I can buy a replacement?
    Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but all I can find is details of modding vci 100's.....
    Whilst I have the guts out of it would anyone like me to up some info on anything inside my box? (I mean the mixer btw)!
    Fleater
    Last edited by fleater; 04-17-2010 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Ambiguity
    MBP (Traktor/ Ableton) MBP 17" (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Core duo, 4Gb 1077Mhz RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 7200rpm 500GB OS X 10.6.4 TSP 1.2.6 (R8491), ADJ8 (2.3.14 driver)
    Midi/ Control (either) Vestax: VCM-600 Livid: Ohm64 Akai: APC80 Korg: PadKontrol (running through FarmPad) Technics: SL1210mk II x 1 (and regret selling my other so think twice)

Have you tried mailing Vestax? Maybe if you asked them they could supply you with a part number...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Id put money on thats its a 10k linear fader

Tech Wizard

Getting in was a bore as there are so many knobs etc.....

Once inside there were 4 boards. One was marked as VCM 600 CPU, this had the USB connector etc on it. There was a small board that had the crossfde and fader curve dials on it.
    The other 2 were for the 6 channel faders... (The 3rd was the one with the beer in it)

The last being non faulty I left attached to the unit.

I was unable to find a replacement so I removed the fader by desoldering. Opened it up and cleaned it with acetone and a lint free bud. Re soldered and tested and all was well...... I put it all back together and happy days it works perfectly. I also took advantage of the opportunity to clean the rest of it up.......

Having opened it up I am now trying to look for some ultra bright LEDs to improve the lighting on the sides as there are 8 bright LEDs in situ but I think if I double this I might get a better effect.
    Last edited by fleater; 04-18-2010 at 01:24 AM.
    MBP (Traktor/ Ableton) MBP 17" (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Core duo, 4Gb 1077Mhz RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 7200rpm 500GB OS X 10.6.4 TSP 1.2.6 (R8491), ADJ8 (2.3.14 driver)
    Midi/ Control (either) Vestax: VCM-600 Livid: Ohm64 Akai: APC80 Korg: PadKontrol (running through FarmPad) Technics: SL1210mk II x 1 (and regret selling my other so think twice)