Problem w/ Traktor Error -600 and no MIDI signal
    Tech Convert

Default Problem w/ Traktor Error -600 and no MIDI signal

Hey guys, hopefully I can get some help on this.
    I've had a VCI-100 (1.1 firmware) for a while. I used is very sparingly. Relly never had much succes getting it up and running. I just purchased a 13" macbook pro, 4 GB 320 GB HD, Traktor Pro, I installed the latest update.
    I use a numark DJ IO sound card.
    Last night I had the system working fine. Sound card was properly routed. VCI was working fine.
    I hit the preview button on the vci and that started previewing a song. I couldn't stop the preview so I shut down Traktor and went to start it back up. I got an Error Code -600 that the system could not open Traktor.
    I then shut down again and Traktor did start, but Traktor was not receiving MIDI signal anymore. I messed around with it a little an went to bed without success.
    This am I started Traktor and basically started from scratch configuring everything. I first plugged in VCI and I did get midi signal. However, when I configured the audio out to the DJIO, the MIDI signal stopped.
    I wanted to switch the USB's so I shut down traktor thinking that which usb port the VCI was in could be an issue, switched them, tried to open Traktor only to get the Error -600 message again.

I would appreciate any help. I searched for the error message on the boards and the no midi signal discussions didn't adress this issue. Thanks,

Tech Convert

For some additonal information I keep needing to restart the macbook to get Traktor to open. When I do, I get no midi signal when the audio is routed through the DJIO and I get midi signal when the Audio is routed through the macbook internal soundcard.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

That doesnt sound right at all. The Mac should not need to be restarted.

Does Traktor start when ALL peripherals are unplugged. Process of elimination is a good start.

Unplug everthing and keep restarting and add each bit of gear to find the culprit (if it is hardware issue)

If Traktor fails to start when nothing is plugged in.
    I would backup your Traktor folders (if you have a large enough collection and many cue points etc) and reinstall Traktor.

Sounds like a corrupted installation.

Does Traktor load then crash? That could just be a corrupt Collection.nml
    If so theres a less drastic measure, you can just import a backup collection from the Backup folder in the Traktor folder.

If a full reinstall is easy for you then i would do it. I dont know that error code but no midi is either faulty cables/controller or a bad installation. It can happen.

Cant be much more helpful than that at the moment..?

Tech Convert

Thanks Karlos. I did that and I think it is the sound card. I updated the DJIO driver and it seems to be better. I never though to do that since it was working fine with the old driver. I guess I'll see what happens when I close traktor and go to re-open.