Problem with VCI 100 on Traktor PRO 4 decks ...
    Tech Convert

Default Problem with VCI 100 on Traktor PRO 4 decks ...

Hi Guys,
    I use my VCI 100 more then 1 year without problems with Traktor PRO 4 decks on 13" MACBook and NI Audio 4 .VCI Firm is 1.1.Sometimes I have a problem with Jog wheels in the clubs with power sound , (Jogs moving alone from sound waves) but now this is not my big problem ...
    Yesterday on my gig in one club in my area after 2 hours play VCI stop working.I mean VCI not responding on Traktor.I fix that with restart VCI (turn off for seconds, after that turn on again).The big problem is that I do this may be 20 times.I try to restart my MAC, but the same thing ...After 1 hour everything was normal like a miracle
    Where can be a problem?
    I`m glad if You help me
    Thanx in advance

the only thing i can imagine:
    you had heat developping in you device over hours, and finally (expansion through heat...) having your board failing. can happen to all electronic devices eventually, especially when handled roughly...

after cooling back down, you contacts (micro crack closing) work well again.
    just my 0.2 $

btw: did you have power-led lit after restarting your vci?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by derschaich View Post
    the only thing i can imagine:
    you had heat developping in you device over hours, and finally (expansion through heat...) having your board failing. can happen to all electronic devices eventually, especially when handled roughly...

after cooling back down, you contacts (micro crack closing) work well again.
    just my 0.2 $

btw: did you have power-led lit after restarting your vci?

Thanks for the answer
    When I play my VCI stay on rubber cushion and have good air circulation below.
    Do you think is possible some hardware problem in VCI or just from the heat from the long work?
    And yes I have power led after restarting and midi led lit all the time too ...
    Last edited by kvl; 04-18-2010 at 06:37 AM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Get a new USB cable.

Also if you have to restart the VCI its often better to pull the VCI USB cable out of the MAC port and then plug it back in to make Traktor Hot-Plug the VCI.

This used to happen to me and it was the cable that was at fault cus it was bending and coming a little loose. I got a better cable.

Just a thought.

Tech Convert

I will buy a new cable soon for sure.I was looking in another forum for the problem and somebody say to use power adapter.
    Do You think is possible to be because I don`t use it?

You should only need a power adapter if you are running through an unpowered hub, otherwise there should be enough juice from your laptop. I think Karlos might have something with the USB cable, some are just crap and will fail after a while.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad