VCI 100 SE - Preset FX mapping :confused:
    Tech Mentor

Default VCI 100 SE - Preset FX mapping

What's up everybody? I have just purchased a VCI 100 SE, and I am extremely pleased with it. I do have one question however. Can FX Presets 1-4 be changed in the controller mapping section of the preferences ? In other words, can I modify each parameter of each preset to add my own 3 effects in the FX unit ? I have looked through the coding in the tsi and it is very confusing... I am wondering if possible, which string is it that needs to be modified so that when I hit Preset 1, and click Deck A... It loads MY FX Presets ? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Last edited by RT31784; 04-18-2010 at 09:53 AM.

Everything in the mapping is modifiable via Controller Preferences in Traktor. Also, try pressing shift with the A/B/C/D knobs. It will load the effect listed--reverb, filter LFP, gater, and delay--with complimentary effects. The most useful effects are already loaded into the TSI.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Tech Mentor

Thank you Bucky for your reply! I understand that I can use shift A,B,C,D, however, if I decide I don't want to use the conventional effects parameters set on presets 1-4, and the shift A,B,C,D buttons, where exactly in the tsi would I have to edit in order to have the presets pull up with my specified fx chain? I guess my question is.... where in the tsi (particularly which string(s) of coding) is it hardwired to default to these pre set parameters? Thank you for your patience!

Tech Mentor

I am really most concerned with changing preset buttons 1 through 4, however changing the shift + A,B,C,D would be a plus.. but not necessary.

Thanks again.

Tech Mentor

+1 for single effects being changed with parameters aswell.can anyone explain how?

Phew--just looking around and boy is this TSI file long. Go to Preferences--Controller Manager and sort by "Control." Scroll down to Effects. Read the comments DJTT has graciously provided to find which Ins are for the FX presets.

Edit: Sort by comment to find the FX presets.

It seems relatively cumbersome to modify the effects, but give it a go and let me know how it works and what effects you are changing it to. And if you are feeling generous, put the TSI for download.

Tech Mentor

Ok, with the help of Bucky and Bento, I have figured out how to do this. I will post a tutorial on how to do this if enough people express interest. I am also working on a tsi file for the Korg padKontrol - Basically making it capable of the same exact functions as a midi fighter. I will post this as well if anyone is interested.

Thanks again!

Cool stuff man. Post a link when you finish the tutorial. Interesting to see what effects combos you like.

+1 for an effects tuorial

Tech Mentor

Alright, give me a few more days and it will be up.