BCD3000 with a BCR2000

Default BCD3000 with a BCR2000

Hey all,
    I'm new to the forum, but I've read the DJ Tech Tools blog for a while...

Anywho, about a year ago I bought a BCD3000 (having done no DJing with traktor at all - I'd done a bit with CDJs, but that's it); since then i've been loving it, and traktor has really opened up a lot in terms of effects. But the BCD can be quite restrictive when it comes to effects control.

Long story short: I'm thinking about getting a BCR2000 to expand my capacity on the knobs front. I'll use it for controlling effects and loops quickly without mapping shift buttons and modifiers on the BCD. My question is, will they work with each other? I have a sneaking suspicion that the MIDI mappings might clash... Anybody got a similar setup going already?

Cheers.

[edit: just realised that this thread should probably be in the General Discussion section...?]
    Last edited by icecold.trashcan; 04-18-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Tech Wizard

I was looking at the online manual for the BCR2000 and it shows that you are indeed able to change the MIDI channel on it. Although I do not have personal hands on experience with the BCR2000, to my knowledge, if two controllers are working on separate MIDI channels, the information will not clash and you will be able to use both controllers successfully. Just remember, they must be on different MIDI channels, and if you're using traktor make sure the in-ports and out-ports and designated to their respective controllers. Hope this helps.
    Macbook, Novation Ultranova, Novation Launchpad x2, Behringer BCD3000, Allen & Heath Xone 1D x2 (I'm trying to sell these right now), Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.7 (It's Legal)
    http://www.facebook.com/dynamicsmusic
    http://soundcloud.com/dynamicsmusic