Filter/FX lights: possible solution for Windows (BETA)
I've found a possible solution to manage in the right way FXs and Filters leds.
It's based on the following programs:
1) MIDI Yoke Junktion (http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http....com/myoke.htm)
2) MIDIOX (http://www.midiox.com/)
3) Bome's MIDI Translator PRO (http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/)
I've configured MIDIOX and MIDI Yoke as shown in FIG1 (MidiOX_cables.png) and FIG2 (MidiOX_MidiDevices.png).
Traktor MIDI settings are shown in FIG3 (Traktor_Midi.png).
Bome reads MIDI signals and through some global variables (Bome_Variables.zip) store the value of the following leds:
- Filter A
- Filter B
- Filter C
- Deck A FX button 1 & 2 (FX Bank A & B)
- Deck B FX button 1 & 2 (FX Bank A & B)
- Deck C FX button 1 & 2 (FX Bank A & B)
- FX button 1,2,3 & 4 (FX Bank C)
- Cue B, Cue C
- Loop B, Loop C
- Key B, Key C
This is the final leds' behaviour:
* Filter A ON => Deck A FX button 1 & 2 (FX Bank A & B) OFF
* FX button 1 (FX Bank A) ON => Filter A OFF, Deck A FX button 2 (FX Bank A) OFF, Deck A FX button 1 & 2 (FX Bank B) OFF
* FX button 2 (FX Bank A) ON => Filter A OFF, Deck A FX button 1 (FX Bank A) OFF, Deck A FX button 1 & 2 (FX Bank B) OFF
* FX button 1 (FX Bank B) ON => Filter A OFF, Deck A FX button 2 (FX Bank B) OFF, Deck A FX button 1 & 2 (FX Bank A) OFF
* FX button 2 (FX Bank B) ON => Filter A OFF, Deck A FX button 1 (FX Bank B) OFF, Deck A FX button 1 & 2 (FX Bank A) OFF
* ... same for deck B and C ...
- "NORMAL" mode VS DECK C mode: when you switch from Normal mode to Deck C mode (and viceversa), Bome's send multiple messages in order to match the correct configuration for the current enabled Deck.
This solution is in beta testing and it seems to work...
If you want to try, follow this steps:
1) turn on VCI and wait until lights on
2) start MIDIOX
3) start Bome's MIDI Translator and load the attached configuration (VCISE.zip)
4) start Traktor
I know, it's not a simple solution, but I hope it works also for you...
EDIT: Before start Traktor with this configuration, check that the key functions for deck A,B and C are ON, because when Bome's starts that variables are initialized to "light on"...
Last edited by fcarsana; 10-24-2008 at 02:45 AM.
Nice ill check it out. btw fx lights dont bother me too much
Originally Posted by eangolde
I'm very happy that Traktor Pro will fix this problem, because this solution is a bit complicated... :-)