one thing that sucks about controllerism
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default one thing that sucks about controllerism

you only have two hands!
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Mentor

In this day and age - that's no excuse

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7254078.stm

why would i ever need to talk again? if we could all express ourselves with music alone, would we ever need our cruddy languages ever again?

i assume this is unfortunately a LONG LONG way away from the hands of digital djs. otherwise youll be hearing the epic, deathly, dnb orchestra that constantly pounds waves of bassline through my head in no time

empathic powers, cool!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

that would be awesome if i can blast my music in peoples head, i would find a old woman and play some death metal. be kinda cool to watch her freak out
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I bought the Neural Impulse Actuator of OCZ.

It's also a gaming device which lets you control games via brainwaves and facial muscles.

Here is review of it:
    http://www.nforcershq.com/ocz-nia-ne...tuator-review/

After 2 weeks of practicing I could at least control all brain fingers (alpha and beta waves) at once. The facial muscle thing worked better. BUT you need to be relaxed all the time or the controllers go crazy.

You can set a keyboard-command to a special amount of activity on one finger but even after the 2 weeks I could only have it show 100% or zero so it's just a switch between on and off.

I even tried Traktor with it.
    The CUE/PLAY was set on the focused deck to my facial muscles so when I clenched my teeth it started playing or stopped the selected deck. I selected the deck via thinking which worked sometimes better, sometimes worse but overall not accurate enough to use any of it's functions for a life performance.

I dreamed about being the first Mind DJ, but 8 buttons, grounding problems (had to touch the cable all the time) and the accuracy make this even if you practice a lot IMPOSSIBLE!
    Another issue is staying relaxed while people bother you and hormones shoot through all your body.

Describing this was pretty difficult with my bad English, so if you still have questions, feel free to ask.

I think you described it well HedgeHog

I have a friend who is actually doing the beta testing on these devices, pity i have not caught up with him since he started or i would have to add

This is a huge part of the future of digital djing and computing though once its perfected there will be nothing stopping us ! Until then, we though we will be sticking with hardware interfaces !

"It is human-kind’s destiny to merge with machines, furthering evolution of the species and facilitating our survival in the forthcoming global cataclysm." - Moldover

deep. how is it we all know of the approaching cataclysm? i blame quantum physics

Hell no, I blame Taoism.

Sounds strange, but if you have read both, you can see the similarities.
    And Taoism was already in its' place long before the first scientist ever started Quantum Phisics.

:P
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Hell no, I blame Taoism.

Sounds strange, but if you have read both, you can see the similarities.
    And Taoism was already in its' place long before the first scientist ever started Quantum Phisics.

:P
    it would seem many studies of the mind and reality come to the same conclusion, just from different perspectives. the whole 2012 thing is interesting. ive talked to a few full believers here in nz. very interesting conversations

perhaps quantum physics is just the scientific, mathematical representation of exactly what every religion has ever talked about

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast