Can anyone recommend Kore soundpacks
    Tech Guru

Default Can anyone recommend Kore soundpacks

How's it going everybody? I jumped into production unexpectedly. I wouldn't say full on production. My plan is to produce my own loops and use them in Ableton along with Traktor to mix things up. Anyways I picked up Kore 2 and I also have Maschine. I'm a little disappointed by Kore 2's sounds. They all sound very cookie cut. I'm looking to expand with some Kore soundpacks. Is there any that you guys would recommend.

Also how many people can relate here: when you first thought of the idea of DJing it was more or less just experimental. You buy a controller, fool around, and think it'll stop there. You decide to get better, go from basic mixing to having all these ideas about how you can make really cool transitions. You think once you've gotten the hang of Djing you'll be satisfied. But now that you can mix up other peoples tracks you want to contribute, and start experimenting with your own sounds.

I just find it interesting because i'm sure this is how most people got into production.

My path to production started similar. After a bit DJing, I was disappointed with some of the songs I had and realized how much remixing goes on. So I first wanted to make a couple of loops to put under a few songs I have that lack serious bottom (you know that feeling when you hear a song on a club system and think, shit I thought the kick drum was harder than that). Then you start to realize you need to learn more about song structure, then music in general, and then you are doing music thoery and composition structure and DJ reading all at once. Thankfuly I learn quickly...

So, yes, I simpathize with how deep in you find yourself when "all I want to do is play music" was you initial goal.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Wizard

Well I don't know. For me it's kinda like the way around. I started with trying demo's from Reason and FL. Although I haven't made something serious, it is the way I started mixing.

Although the mixing is taking over at the moment, but that's just because I want to improve that.

I think the path you take is in general a way all producers / DJs make. When you start as DJ you do your path, when you start producing you'll end up walking that path the other way.

The path is just a way to complete control the musicbiz, or to expand your knowhow.