Korg padKontrol/Midi Fighter - tsi/scene set - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Thanks for putting your findings here,
    hopefully we can overcome this last issue and get it working 100%.

Unfortunately, the modifiers go straight over my head at the moment

Whats the chances of Ean Golden reading this and doing us a favour??

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by padda View Post
    Thanks for putting your findings here,
    hopefully we can overcome this last issue and get it working 100%.

Unfortunately, the modifiers go straight over my head at the moment

Whats the chances of Ean Golden reading this and doing us a favour??
    The modifiers are simply integer holders. On any mapping that you setup, you can choose to set an integer value to a modifier, such as M1. So if you create a mapping to set an Echo effect when pad 1 is held, you can also set M1=1 (default for all modifiers when not active is 0).

Now, whenever you press the pad to trigger the Echo effect, you will also set Modifier 1=1. By itself, this does nothing. However, you can now use this modifier to trigger a different effect on a pad/knob/etc that is normally assigned a different task.

Example, Pad 2 is mapped so that normally (when no modifiers are active) it drops a hotcue. But, you can now setup a second mapping for Pad 2 to have it alter the parameters of the Echo effect when you are holding Pad 1 because of the Modifier 1.

So, when you setup the second mapping for Pad 2 to adjust the echo parameters, you will set a trigger of M1=1. So now when you hit Pad 2 M1 must = 1 to trigger the parameter change. If M1 does not = 1, then when you hit Pad 2 it will simply drop the hotcue.

But, if you are holding down Pad 1 to trigger the Echo, the you are actively setting M1=1, so when you then press Pad 2 at the same time, it will trigger the parameter change instead of the hotcue.

This is what the top row of buttons in Midifighter mapping should be doing when the two lower effects pads are pressed, and it does it correctly as long as you are pressing only one pad at a time. However, once you've pressed the first effect button, and then press the second one at the same time, it ends up setting M1 back to 0 for some reason, so the upper buttons end up performing their standard play/pause/sync function instead of modulating the effect parameters.
    Last edited by bastimret; 08-16-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Tech Convert

Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me, now I understand it

I'll have a play around and see if I can get it to work.

I had to mess around to get the echo button behaving properly and I've got the Play button to flash with the tempo but cant seem to get the pads to light up like the leds on the midifighter do. you got any ideas on how to do that??

I can make the echo pad for example light when i mouse click on the echo fx on switch but it only flashes for a moment,not for the duration the effect is on
    Last edited by padda; 08-16-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by padda View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me, now I understand it

I'll have a play around and see if I can get it to work.

I had to mess around to get the echo button behaving properly and I've got the Play button to flash with the tempo but cant seem to get the pads to light up like the leds on the midifighter do. you got any ideas on how to do that??
    I do not. I'm working with a Akai MPD24, no led's. Sorry.

Tech Convert

Ok, the leds are working, I just can't get them to stay on.

Looking through the forum, MidiFighter owners had the same problem until updating their firmware but obviously that won't help with a PadKontrol.

Also, Have you managed to get the tempo bend function to work?
    While the deck is stopped, I can move about the track ok but while playing it only seems to jump the pitch up or down by 6.3%
    Last edited by padda; 08-17-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Tech Convert

I thought that's what the tempo bend was supposed to do. It's just a small nudge in the tempo to sync things up, it's not a full on pitch shift using the slider. Or am I wrong . . . ? I'll double check.

Tech Convert

Just checked the video again and your right.

For some reason I thought it moved the pitch slider

Btw, I setup a button on my Nocturn to act as a shift so I could load tracks to decks C and D using the 2 buttons I had set to load to decks A and B.
    Not much of an achievement in itself but now I've got my head around the concept, I should be able to come up with some much better mappings.
    So again, thanks for the help, the time you spent typing wasn't wasted on deaf ears

If only ableton added this type of midi mapping to live. Modifiers are one thing, but learning python scripting ??
    Last edited by padda; 08-17-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Tech Convert

this is pretty rad!
    Last edited by elquinto; 10-21-2010 at 03:37 AM.

Tech Convert

@bastimret

"once you've pressed the first effect button, and then press the second one at the same time, it ends up setting M1 back to 0 for some reason, so the upper buttons end up performing their standard play/pause/sync function instead of modulating the effect parameters."

Have u figured out how to get this working correctly? When I hold down both effects buttons i can't modulate the effect parameters either.

Tech Convert

Have a new padKontrol since today and i was able to do everything in the first post, now i have the same problems

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast