Korg padKontrol/Midi Fighter - tsi/scene set - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

For now I just want to make the padKontrol behave like a Midi-Fighter. I don't use farmpad for the moment. Or should I ?

I used the ports you indicated me and have set the different buttons to send to channel 3. Now it looks like the latest "instant gratification mapping" kind of works but only in one deck.

The top four buttons should normally let me choose the deck affected to the FX, but instead it triggers a Gater FX and FX units are affected quite randomly as I touch the different buttons.

Tech Mentor

I would just use farmpad. That's what I'm currently using and I pretty much have the exact midi fighter capabilities with my own few changes. I have yet to download the new mapping, but I will eventually. With farmpad, you can set each pad to be a scene select, which by what you are describing, is what you need to do.

Does everything else work? You will have to do a little "programming" though in a text file but it's really simple stuff after a few minutes of going through the samples included in the program. I *think* the scene select function of the midi fighter is somewhere in the firmware..therefor you will probably have to utilize farmpad or bomes to get what you want. I hear bomes is better, but it's not free.

Bomes would be easier as it's got a GUI, but yeah, it's not free, and not cheap... Honestly I just found Farmpad after having my PK in an old record crate for at least a year now as I was planning on using it for T2 Sample decks. Then I decided why not figure out getting MidiFighter style stuff going on while I wait, and now I find this. Excellent!

Though it's been a while I used to work with my PK a good bit. And dros - to properly setup the PK to behave like the MidiFighter you would either need to go through Native mode on the PK, which is a pain and might not even properly do it, or a program like Farmpad or Bomes.

I've been researching Farmpad for the past hour, as I never had that when I used my PK. My lord it seems like a wonderful thing once you get past the text only input learning curve. Expect me to be adding some more input, support, and mappings on this soon!
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Dudes.... can someone just upload the TSI to make my padkontrol work like a midi fighter on the instant gratification tsi please....!

Default Just uploaded the tsi

everything on my pad kontrol works perfect except I cant route FX. anyone know how? much appreciated

Default korg pad kontrol tsi help willing to pay

I have installed farmpad and installed the tsi earlier mentioned and played around with the settings constantly. I still dont have to way to switch decks that im effecting. Please help me I will honestly be happy to pay someone who creates a successful korg pad kontrol map

Bump! really want a mapping for the padKontrol now that traktor 2 is out, would be great to have it controlling the sample decks

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by olliej1982 View Post
    Bump! really want a mapping for the padKontrol now that traktor 2 is out, would be great to have it controlling the sample decks
    i agree! can someone please hook this up?!?!

Tech Student

ok everything works im using the instant grad. mf mapping and i have the two knobs set to key value and a filter so how do i map the xy pad it wont show up wen i click the learn button in controller manger

p.s. and for people that dont know wen using mf mappings you have to make sure your on ch.3 in padKONTROL Editor Librarian and on the padKONTROL as well....just a tip...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234