Modifying a M-Audio MidAir 25

Default Modifying a M-Audio MidAir 25

So..

I scored a killer deal on a clearance MidAir controller (basically a wireless oxygen 8). Now I want to modify it, but got a couple of questions to ask, maybe some of you guys with a bit more experience than me can answer.

1. I need to change out the knobs asap. The factory ones are just too small to be of any use. I was going to get some DJTT ones, but they are out of stock at the moment, and don't have a projected date to fix the issue. So, what other good, tactile knobs are available that would fit the unit?

2. I want repaint the unit. I know that I should sand it to give a better surface for the paint to adhere to, but what paints would you guys recommend? Should I use a primer first, and would a sealant be recommended (I paint miniatures, so not completely without experience here).

3. Was thinking of painting some of the keys to help in visual identification. Would any of you recommend this, and are there any issues to be aware of?

Once the project is underway I'll start a thread and keep it updated with my progress (or lack thereof, lol!)
    DJ Neurotique

Tant qu'y a du noir, y'a d'l'espoir!
    Berurier Noir

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've never used it, but I've read a few decent reports on the Krypton Fusion paints for plastic. Mind you this was on a motorcycle forum with guys painting plastic bits on their bikes so the results might not be the same.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x