Looking for a miniture mixer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for a miniture mixer?

So i have been doing a few more college gigs with a friend of mine who owns a Hercules. We almost ran into a big problem yesterday because he left his Hercules at his dorm. This was a problem because we used that as our mixer to plug my stuff into to hit his active speakers. Currently my "small" set up consists of my laptop/vci/NIaudio2. My problem is that i do not have a mic input if im running alone nor do i have the ability to directly plug into active speakers (unless i made a unique y cable for stereo trs to two mono trs)

Im looking for a small mixer that would be able to fit with the rest of my stuff in a bigger backpack that would allow me to:
    1. Have a Mic input
    2. Have Balance Outputs for speakers
    3. Preferably has multiple inputs
    4. MUST BE SMALL
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Here is a Samson that will get you everything but balanced outputs:
    http://www.samsontech.com/products/p...1697&brandID=2

This is all I could think up. Basically you need a DI box that you can mix in, don't know one off hand.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

any of the dinky <£100 mixers out there would pretty much cover you

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Having a small micro mixer can be handy if your laptop crashes too, as you can quickly switch to an external device such as an ipod whilst its rebooting!

That said, given what you've described, I don't think you need a mixer. Your laptop has no mic in socket at all ?

You can easily output from a sound card directly to an amp or active speakers, or accept input from a mic (assuming a line in socket) using some simple phono to line style cables and xlr adapters on the end.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

denon makes a couple mixers that would work
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Wizard

get an audio 4 and use a deck as a mic input and just buy the proper cables or make them yourself this is assuming you use traktor pro. i m pretty sure this will work. do a little research. there are many ways to do this. are you using four decks? you could always just prepare what you want to say with a mic directly into the computer and play them when needed. i would recommend any pioneer or a&h that suits your needs. this is an investment that you want to last and you want good sound quality. if you get a mixer mix external and use the eqs on the vci for automated effects however you will only be able to use 2 decks with an audio 2. if you got the money get something that is certified and expand.

I use this in situations like yours and it works great.
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringe...77-i1153481.gc

If that is too big, check this out.
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringe...00-i1153498.gc

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Yea that 2nd one i think is EXACTLY what im looking for. Thank you very much!
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Tech Mentor

behringer DI-20 is a DI box which could work for you. it will change an unbalanced signal into a balanced XLr which can go into the back of your PA speakers.

Does the behringer eurorack convert the signal to a balanced one?
    Last edited by fellis; 04-26-2010 at 03:11 AM.

Tech Mentor

this is the best DI box from be research: http://www.samsontech.com/products/p...fm?prodID=1699

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast