Download the Latest VCI-100 Mapping (3_5_1)

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Stable

4 36.36%
  • Almost Perfect

3 27.27%
  • Needs Some Work

4 36.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Download the Latest VCI-100 Mapping (3_5_1)

The following changes have been made to this file:
    • Fixed SLICE and ECHO to set FX 3 & 4 to correct FX types and panel modes.
    • Fixed a bug with the jog wheel scratch functionality
    • Fixed a sampler + juggle mode bug where cues 1/5 would set FX3 to 100% wet
    • Included GUI Layout in this tsi for new users
    • Fixed a bug where Fader FX would get stuck
    • Fixed a bug where Juggle would stick
    • Fixed a bug where the pitch would drop dramatically
    • Changed FX preset #4 to match the recent video.
    • Fixed a bug where the LEDs would stick in the first 2 times traktor was run.

Note:The first 2 times using Traktor after you import the .tsi, you may encounter a few minor bugs (e.g., holding Slice & Echo together in Fader FX mode). These bugs will go away once you have closed and re-opened Traktor twice after importing the .tsi (you will need to do this each time you re-import the .tsi).

Download the File here

Requirements
    You must have Traktor 1.24 or later to use this file otherwise it will not import properly.

To Load this file
    Select the BIG import button in the lower left hand corner of the preferences tab.
    if this is your first time loading the TSI file, please load it 2 TIMES for the fx to load properly.
    The 1rst and 2nd time you run Traktor after importing a TSi file, the controller may lock up. Just quit the program twice and see if the issue goes away.

What Settings to Load

• MIDI: Everyone
    • EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you are using it for the first time to load the FX properly)
    • LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own, modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
    • ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly.

VIDEO TUTORIALS

Part 1
    Part 2

Purchase the matching overlays

Known Issues for VCI-100 owners with firmware Version 1.2

• The “D” button in the FX section will not work as indicated.
    • In Fader FX mode, the level fader's will not “freeze” effects as in version 1.3.
    • The Sync button for Decks A and C will not properly light up when synced.

Having Problems with the FX Route Button?

There is a file included that fixes this problem for windows users that are getting this audio glitch. The problem relates to Traktor's Midi engine and windows. To solve the problem we disabled the FX Route LED functions. You can use the FX route button to route the FX but the LEDs will not display.
    Last edited by EanGolden; 05-03-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Tech Wizard

I have to press Sync on Deck A twice before it actually syncs. Is that a bug or how can i prevent that?
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 FW 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio 2 DJ

It's all about the house music, and it always will be.

Tech Guru

Flashflooder,

are some of the bugs you guys are encountering due to TOO many things mapped? I'm using a macbook pro and I also have two X1's and use them for many of the functions on the VCI. Was wondering if deleted some of the functions mapped (ie: juggle mode and use my hotcue on the X1s) if that will resolve some of the bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Flashflooder,

are some of the bugs you guys are encountering due to TOO many things mapped? I'm using a macbook pro and I also have two X1's and use them for many of the functions on the VCI. Was wondering if deleted some of the functions mapped (ie: juggle mode and use my hotcue on the X1s) if that will resolve some of the bugs?
    That's a great question haze324. While some bugs are due to unforeseen instances of overlapping functions and modifiers, those are usually fixable once they are identified.

The bugs that have been giving us issues lately are related to users experiencing audible noises with functions that transfer large amounts of midi data (e.g., our Route FX function) and users experiencing inconsistent LED behavior. The most difficult thing about these kinds of bugs are that they differ from person to person depending on their computer and system setup.

In your case, I would investigate whether you are experiencing any issues using your VCI and X1's together. If you do, you will probably be able to tell (via this forum) if others are having similar problems or if it is due to your setup in which case you could then start taking out overlapping features. Hopefully everything will run smoothly together though!

Awesome - stoked that the updates are coming frequently. Will give this a lash this evening once I'm home. Nice one DJTT team

Guys a few things i noticed... I'm on pc with win 7 64 ultimate.

1. Fader FX Mode. volume fader has same function as the jog, they both affect the dry/wet
    2. Shift button produces pops and clicks (thats probably my worst biggie at the moment)
    3. sometimes the slice/echo fx dont fire off properly and moving the jog acts as pitch bend.

Great work with the frequent updates guys keep em coming
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    That's a great question haze324. While some bugs are due to unforeseen instances of overlapping functions and modifiers, those are usually fixable once they are identified.

The bugs that have been giving us issues lately are related to users experiencing audible noises with functions that transfer large amounts of midi data (e.g., our Route FX function) and users experiencing inconsistent LED behavior. The most difficult thing about these kinds of bugs are that they differ from person to person depending on their computer and system setup.

In your case, I would investigate whether you are experiencing any issues using your VCI and X1's together. If you do, you will probably be able to tell (via this forum) if others are having similar problems or if it is due to your setup in which case you could then start taking out overlapping features. Hopefully everything will run smoothly together though!
    ok, i'll try it out and see what happens. Im still on v 2.4. I tried some of the new ones and had some issues at first and have been hesitant to try again. I'm gonna strip from the VCI Mapping all functions I use on the X1's and see how it goes. Thanks for the quick response!

Tech Wizard

is the gui (mentioned in release notes) file named "._Functions.jpg"
    if so i can't open it.. anybody else having problems?

Tech Guru

just loaded 3.5.1 and the VCI did not respond at all. No movement from faders, nothing. Loaded 3.5 glitch FX and works with no issues (none noted in 5 minutes of use).

using MBP

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    just loaded 3.5.1 and the VCI did not respond at all. No movement from faders, nothing. Loaded 3.5 glitch FX and works with no issues (none noted in 5 minutes of use).

using MBP
    Hi all,

Followed instructions above, and I'm also getting no response from the VCI-100 controls. The CTRL light in Traktor lights up when I push buttons or activate faders on the VCI but it has no actual effect.

I'm running Traktor 1.2.4 on a new i5 MBP on OSX 10.6.3

Will be going back to TSi 3.5 for the meantime til this gets sorted out.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast