vci 100 drop out problems
    Tech Convert

Default vci 100 drop out problems

For some reason when i plug and play my vci, it seems to be working, however, sometimes it seems to "drop out" or lose power and flashes 3-4 times before the lights turn back on before doing it again every minute or so.
    i updated traktor to 1.2.4 and in the preferences i have my vci selected in the "device" under controller manager section.

any advice or suggestions? thanks!!

Have you tried using a different USB cable? Also have you tried it in other USB ports?

Tech Convert

yeah i actually used a brand new gold plated usb chord that i bought here thru djtt and another that i got with my kontrol x1 and still nothing : (

Try taking the back plate off of your VCI. There are five screws total holding it in. Two on each side and one on the bottom. Make sure that you have a piece of paper covering the bottom of the pcb inside. I have also seen this problem happen when people are missing that piece.

Tech Guru

^^ hey what kinda glue can be used to re-attach that paper?

Tech Convert

well i kinda figured what the problem is. when i turn on my vci-100 everything is ok.....until i plug in my kontrol x1. then it starts flashing. i think its more of a midi problem and i dont know how to fix it. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    ^^ hey what kinda glue can be used to re-attach that paper?
    Tape it on to the board, this is the DJTT method in the DIY Arcade Mod video.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by amon2385 View Post
    well i kinda figured what the problem is. when i turn on my vci-100 everything is ok.....until i plug in my kontrol x1. then it starts flashing. i think its more of a midi problem and i dont know how to fix it. any ideas?
    Are you using a USB hub? If so, is it powered? USB hubs are not great for running multiple controllers through (you should NOT run your sound card through a hub), unless it is multiple TT type hub. Search the forum and the blog, there are lots of discussions on this.

Basically, your problem sounds like there is not enough power getting to the VCI, you could try a power supply.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad