Simple Controller for Traktor Scratch setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Simple Controller for Traktor Scratch setup

Hey there-

been searching various forums trying to dig up info on my options for a simple MIDI controller to handle effects, looping and cue points in traktor scratch. I'm a noob, so not sure exactly how a controller should integrate into my setup (2 x 1200s, Ecler Nuo 3.0, MBP with Traktor Scratch).

Been reading up on Nocturn, SCS.3D, and x-session but they all seem like more then I need. A little confused to be quite honest with how it should all work together.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Crit

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Look at drum controllers (PadKontrol, Trigger Finger, APD16/24/32) for things like that.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I say look into a trigger finger....imo $400 USD for a faderfox is way too much.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I say look into a trigger finger....imo $400 USD for a faderfox is way too much.
    It is. I just wish M-Audio would at least *try* to make things slightly aesthetically pleasing.

+1 on the trigger finger -its got lots of knobs n faders which you will find handy for fx.

The Korg PadKontrol has better feeling pads though, and lots more buttons, not really any knobs and faders to play with - has a XY pad though which is nifty.

The MPC has the more horrid feeling pads of the lot, but lots of knobs n faders.

There can be only one!

Nah, to be honest, just look at what you want. First sort out if you want X/Y controls, just knobs, just buttons.

Drumpads are cool, but I would go for something more estranged. Maybe a Nintendo DS with homebrew app KaossDS (Or try to have this ported on my Windows Mobile phone) in combination with my BCR.
    Or somehow map a xone1d or maybe even a xone2d for this.

I would however love to get to grips with a Faderfox DX2 or a Stanton DaScratch.
    Heared many great things about the Faderfox, so Kodiak's suggestion isn't that weird.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

[QUOTE=tekki;12751]Drumpads are cool, but I would go for something more estranged. Maybe a Nintendo DS with homebrew app KaossDS [QUOTE]

I think they are more of a party accessory as opposed to your main way of cue juggling.

Tech Convert

Right on, thanks for the suggestions. This forum lives up to the hype, it is filled with good peeps and good info.

Quote Originally Posted by critmoney View Post
    Right on, thanks for the suggestions. This forum lives up to the hype, it is filled with good peeps and good info.
    Welcome to DJTT, we try our best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast