HOW TO: Force install-Vestax VCI-100 & others...

Default HOW TO: Force install-Vestax VCI-100 & others...

Ok, here's the deal:

My PC laptop was having issues with plug n' play devices with my Vestax VCI-100, and my Akai MPD32. Only one of my USB ports would recognize the MIDI controllers, the other three would "fail to install", thus not be usable by the computer.

Here's the steps I took to (finally) figure this problem out:

Find your unrecognized device in the Device Manager, in the Control Panel.

Double click the device and click "Update Driver"

Click "Browse my computer for driver software"

Click "Let me choose from a list of drivers on my computer"

Click "Sound, Game, and Video Controllers"

Click "Generic USB Audio" and select "USB Audio Device"

It will ask you if you are sure you want to install these drivers. As long as the device you are installing is a plug n' play USB Audio/MIDI device, this will work.

Neither the VCI-100, nor the MPD32 are not audio devices, but this is indeed the correct driver for them. Click "Yes"

That's it! Your plug n' play controller should work on that USB port. You have to repeat this process for every non-working port, but now they all work! I can now has multiple controllers for Traktor!

Good luck!

Tech Wizard

Villinus I love you. I have been trying to get my Numark TC to work alongside an external sound card for ages and I'm new to this it has been really stressful but thanks to you it finally works.

I had even considered getting a new USB port built into my laptop where the card reader currently is and was about to shell out on tech support. Also had been looking into the very unlikely possibility that a USB-VGA cable could be useful, which I doubt.

One note to anyone else with a similar problem, for some reason it only worked when Device Manager is in the view "devices by type" rather than the "devices by connection" view. (In the latter view it kept sending me to USB Hub drivers rather than sound drivers)

Now I can go rock out at a house party I was planning to in a couple weeks but couldn't commit until this was fixed!

thank you thank you thank you so much
    http://soundcloud.com/muur-1
    (Nothing much but if you're interested)

Sir, you are very welcome! Glad it helped! I know it was probably driving you nuts

Tech Student

Default Problem

Villinus:
    I followed your instructions to the letter. What happened was this:
    I got an error msg. Here is the msg note for note...

Windows found software for your device but encountered and error while attempting to install it.
    Then it showed an icon labeled, "USB audio device"
    That was followed by the message,,,
    This device cannot start (Code 10)

If you know the manufacturer of your device, then you can visit its web site and check the support section for driver software.

Just a stupid question but could this have anything to do with my version of Windows 7 being 64 bit and NI doesn't seem to have any 64 bit drivers? Maybe I missed the 64 bit Win 7 driver section of Driver downloads on the NI web page and the NI service center doesn't seem to find them either but when I am tired I sometimes miss stuff like this and will check again. (By the way, I am not trying to be sarcastic)
    Anyway, thank you for the help. I am sure you made life easier for a lot of people with this fix
    Fmaker