Cut Files for VCI-100 Arcade Mod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Cut Files for VCI-100 Arcade Mod

Hi,

i reade somewhere on DJ Tech tools :

>> Want to do this project yourself? Of course we provide all the goods! In >> about 3 weeks you can get a kit that contains:

>> A detailed tutorial DVD
    >> the cut files for the machine shop
    >> pre-soldered lead cables
    >> arcade overlays
    >> arcade buttons of your choice

But where can i get this Kit ?
    Right now i have just ordered the Firmware Upgrade Kit and an overlay for the Arcade mod. I can order the Arcade Buttons in Germany, the pre-soldered cables, i can create by myself. (which diods have you used ?)

Can i get somewhere the Cut-Files ? (download, Email or maybe buy)
    Would be very nice if you can provide these files.

Regards from Germany
    Kabbi

Hi Kabbi, welcome to the forums.

There is a lot of Arcade mod information in the forum. Search for "diode" and you will find what people have used for their DIY Arcades. The cut file can be downloaded by clicking the very line that is underlined in your quote from the DJTT blog (its a DXF file that is very common in design and manufacturing). http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/07/2...iy-arcade-mod/

Let us know if you have any troubles with the mod.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's been some discussion in other threads about the kit not being made anymore, but you can piece it together yourself. The video video guide is here.

Get the 1.3 firmware here.

We discuss what diodes to use here. They're 1N4001 or IN4001.

This is the the cut guide. It's a CAD file meant for the machinist. I'm not sure if there's one you could print out and put on the VCI so you could trace it out and cut yourself. You would have to have access to a printer that could print larger size paper for that to work. You can buy an overlay and use it to trace it out here. (currently on backorder)
    Last edited by photojojo; 05-05-2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: link
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

thank you very much !

I try it out and let you know ;-)

I actually remember a picture of rectangular buttons then circular ones over it...

does anyone know where i could get a pdf cut file or some other printer friendly file instead of the CAD file provided by djtt. i would like to do the arcade mod and save some money by cutting the holes myself with a file as described by some members here. only problem is i do not want to purchase an arcade overlay and i do not know how to read the CAD files. can anyone help me out?

Yea, i remember on the forums, thee was a picture of the 4 buttons whith arcade buttons, to show you where they go, ill try to find it
    -Glen

Tech Convert

Default Dimension and reference point

I have recived the overlay yesterday and i'm ready to cut out the holes. I ask an engineers of the company i work for to check out if our machine shop guys can cut the holes with the cut file i got from DJTechtools.

He says that it will be critical because there are no dimensions on the cut file and after loading the cut file in a CAD program and checking the dimensions by hand he encountered differences between the left an right side !

Does anybody have the exact dimensions (Positions) of the holes and a reference point on the Frontplate ? Or a technical drawing with measures of the VCI-100 frontplate ?

Regards
    Kabbi

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbi View Post
    I have recived the overlay yesterday and i'm ready to cut out the holes. I ask an engineers of the company i work for to check out if our machine shop guys can cut the holes with the cut file i got from DJTechtools.

He says that it will be critical because there are no dimensions on the cut file and after loading the cut file in a CAD program and checking the dimensions by hand he encountered differences between the left an right side !

Does anybody have the exact dimensions (Positions) of the holes and a reference point on the Frontplate ? Or a technical drawing with measures of the VCI-100 frontplate ?

Regards
    Kabbi
    If you give the guy the overlay he should be able to figure out where the holes have to go (he will use the other holes in the overlay to position it on the face). That way the holes are exactly right for the overlay, which is all you need!

Good luck, Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbi View Post

Regards
    Kabbi
    This is happening because you only have 1 of the 2 files that you will need to enter in to the machine to give you all the measurements. If you would like both of those .dxf files, just PM me with your email and I'll forward them to you asap. Or you can always call djtechtools and have them send you both files.

- mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast