DIY Rubberized knobs and faders

Default DIY Rubberized knobs and faders

Hi guys,

So in the automotive world we use this stuff all the time.

It's actually such a great product, I have to fight the urge to cover all my stuff with it! Although it's called Plastidip, it actually gives whatever you paint it with a rubberized, easy to grip coating. I did my knobs and faders in black (minus the channel faders) and it feels great.

Before, sweaty fingertips slipped all over the stock silver. Now I've got grip for days!

They actually sell it in yellow, red, and blue as well. I just chose black because, well, I like black. Enjoy!

Tech Mentor

I may have to copy you on this, I have been looking to replace mine for a while but didn't find anything really suitable...

Just to clarify, did you spray them?
    http://soundcloud.com/jamesT

Macbook/Hercules Steel/Audio 2

I like your VCI - it looks so ghetto
    Xone 22 -- Kontrol X1 -- A4DJ -- TPro -- 13" MBP

Tech Convert

Let us know how long that stuff lasts? I'm afraid it would wear off after a few long sweaty nights...

Yes, It is sprayed on. There's a dip for tool handles n such, but that's way too thick for small knobs.

As far as it wearing off... this stuff is really durable. Eventually (like after months of gigging) it might wear off the tops of the knobs, but then again I've still got 3/4 of a whole can left

I like your VCI - it looks so ghetto
    Thanks! lol anything I use goes through some sort of cosmetic modding. Ghetto VCI? I'll take it

yea i was also wondering about the durability because im really diggin the idea of this. tried to spray my knobs once with some regular spray paint and it just looked a such mess after 1 gig that i decided to strip the rest of the paint right off.

your most likely gonna wanna grab a super fine brush and some white or silver paint to fill in those lines on the knobs cause those will definitely be a bitch to see in low lighting. as least thats what i would do.