VCI 100se vs. VCI 100se Arcade Edition
    Tech Student

Default VCI 100se vs. VCI 100se Arcade Edition

I have done alot of digging, but there is SO much information on here, and alot of the time it's not what I'm after.

(Yes I realise my post count, and I realise others may tell me 'use the search function' .. but I was really hoping the you djtt'ers could give me a hand here as I have indeed searched)

At current, I am in the market to buy a VCI 100se Arcade Edition.
    However; Apart from the fast hitting buttons for set cue points, I would like to know the DIFFERENCES between the 100se and 100se 'arcade edition.'

For instance.. is the 'Play/Pause' button on the normal 100se the same as the 'arcade edition' ?
    Are the only differences the actual buttons themselves?
    Do eangolden's mappings gains/lose features when upgrading to the 'arcade edition' ?

I would really like some USER FEEDBACK here, from those who have used one of these, and those who have used both.
    Basically I want the feedback to be able to make the right choice for myself.
    At the moment I am leaning towards the Arcade Edition, as I know I'm going to use those fast action fighter buttons, but I would just like current users feedback.

Thanks heaps guys!

I just did the arcade mod myself, and no, nothing changes other than losing the labeling for the buttons. The mapping is still the same you just get an awesome set of buttons. If you know how to solder and are relatively technically inclined, I'd say try doing the upgrade yourself. If you're not, and you have the money, get one from the DJTT store and you get a perfectly modded one delivered to your door! Either way, I really like my arcade and love that the only thing it changes is the playability of the bottom buttons.
    That's my 2 cents....

As JWit says, the only difference is the feel of the buttons, the rest of the functionality is identical.

As for the feel, there is absolutely NO comparison. I did my own Arcade mod and the difference in playability of the unit is worth it. Even when you are not juggling, the ease of dropping the next track on time and the effects (slice and echo) on time is what I enjoy the most about the Arcade.

Put it this way, if something were to happen to my VCI, I'd be one the phone in the morning to DJTT for another one.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Student

Thanks Jwit and pilmat. Those were the exact answers I was after!
    If anyone else would like to contribute their knowledge/experiences then please feel free to keep adding.

I was at the same stage as you a couple of weeks ago Shark but in the end I went for the arcade due to the better functionality of the cue buttons, just waiting patiently for it to get here but by the end of the month I should be sorted

I opted for the VCI 100 SE and Midi Fighter
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion