How to load a tsi file?
    Tech Wizard

Default How to load a tsi file?

Hey forum was'up?

Sorry if this sounds a little silly but how do u load a tsi file? I have traktor pro lastest edition, I've upgraded my firmwear to 1.3, I've got my vci-100se overlay and I've downloaded the lates vci-100se tsi - all cool, cool but when I load the tsi (prefences, import) it just dosent work at all, none of the button respond. I did read somewhere on the forums that it has something to do with set my ports??? (whatever thats all about ) Is that right? do I just have to adjust some settings? or should the tsi file just work straight away after its imported like that standard vestax vci-100 file does?

Any help would be much appreciated or if anyone could point me to another thread or tutorial on how to load the tsi that would be cool

Thanks

Tech Mentor

I'm not in front of Traktor right now so please excuse me if I mislead you a bit.

Go to preferences (The gear picture on the top right of the screen)
    Click on controllers(?)
    On top, there is a "Add" button...click it and hit Import.
    Browse for your TSI, import and viola!

Be sure to load this twice if using the VCI 100 SE with the 3.5 mapping

Tech Wizard

Thanks for your reply dude!

thats the way how I thought it should be loaded or by just clicking the big import button at the bottom when you open preferences. But either way I try to load it I cant get it to work.

If I go prefernces / controllers / add --> import / browse for tsi file, click it.....nothing seems to of loaded as the buttons are exactly the same as the standard vestax tsi set-up (even when I do it twice)

And if I go prefernces / Big import button at the bottom / browse for tsi file / click it and hotkeys setting, controller mappings, effects settings, all other preferences and settings are ticked / ok that, then it loads but now none of the buttons will do anything

This is the right way to load a tsi files, isnt it? Do I need to adjust some other settings?

Quote Originally Posted by SJ MAC View Post
    This is the right way to load a tsi files, isnt it? Do I need to adjust some other settings?
    Yep, the big button is the one to get 3_5_1 (or whatever DJTT TSI) into Traktor. This is Ean's instructions.

After importing the TSI, check that the VCI in and out ports are set to Vestax (select the VCI from the Device drop down list in Controller Manager, the set each port to Vestax).

Let us know if this gets you going.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    After importing the TSI, check that the VCI in and out ports are set to Vestax (select the VCI from the Device drop down list in Controller Manager, the set each port to Vestax).

Let us know if this gets you going.

Phil.
    Ah cool, cool. Thanks dude, this sounds good (i think, lol ) but it still I cant get it to work

I've loaded the file, set the device to VCI-100SE, set both in and out ports to Vestax PC Controller, but still no joy. I have noticed thou that after doing this, when I close & re-open traktor these setting arent saved, the device type goes back to generic keyboard, in-port as keyboard and out-port as n/a

Just to confirm im loading the VCI-100SE3_5.tsi file

OK, thanks for the Picture, it tells the story. You do not have the latest version of Traktor.

After opening Traktor, click the NI logo. The window that pops up has the version number. It HAS to be at least 1.2.4 (we are at 1.2.6 now).

Just run Service Center to update. If Service Center does not give you an update notice, let us know.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    OK, thanks for the Picture, it tells the story. You do not have the latest version of Traktor.
    ha ha, is that the problem

Thanks dude, i'll update to the latest version and then give it another go. I thought I was all up to date, lol, obviously not

Thanks for your help dude, much appreciated !

how do i get my midi fighter tsi file imported into to traktor pro correctly? it says error while parsing settings? please let me kno!!!!:eek: