quantizing DD in ableton with dummyclips!!!(video) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by loopscious View Post
    Mike,

That's a cool video.

I am trying to set something up that's similar -- have DD controlled by Ableton dummy clips. Also, am trying to drop Ableton loops on separate tracks, and theoretically if everything is at the same tempo they should line up. But I'm getting varied latency -- e.g., DD and Ableton don't trigger start exactly on. It sounds terrible. Not sure if I am describing this well - but do you know what I mean?

Basically, launch a DD deck with a clip, then drop a separate breakbeat on top - can you get them to sync right up? If so, any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Loopscious
    I've been bitten by this too, but I think its DD, the start is always a few milliseconds behind but the cue point timing work consistently and accurately for me.

I think DD has a few mil sec of play/startup delay.

I use my vci 100 to nudge the tracks at the beginning or just play and jump straight to a cuepoint.

also Ive gotten into having one live track just for various snare drums, I use that like a metronome to check DD against.

you can also route DD headphone/pfl output to its own channel and output to check your mix on headphones before fading in.

just create an audio channel and assign "DD cue" as its input and a separate output (not the masters) for the sound card, then you can cue DD to your headphones from inside of live just live traditional turntables.

but yeah, the start times seem off in different amounts each time but the cue point timing has been consistent for me, so I just nudge right when I play.

(I didn't have to nudge the track in the video as I chose a song with no beat to its intro and then I jumped straight to the cue points)

Sounds like this problem could be solved just by setting a cue point at the start of the track?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12