quantizing DD in ableton with dummyclips!!!(video)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default quantizing DD in ableton with dummyclips!!!(video)

here is a video showing how you can quantize decadances actions inside of ableton live using dummy clips on a midi channel sending into decadance.

in the video I use 2 dummy channels, 1 for deck A and 1 for deck B, I also created a few cue point juggle patterns that can be launched as a clips.

there is a clip for play, cue 1, 2, 3 & 4 as waell as 2 cue pattern clips on A (just 2 for now, its a work in progress)

so check it out, I'm working on a longer more complex mix to do a video for.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelOHaganMusic#p/u/8/BfH4RRLhW8M[/ame]

let me know what you think.

Tech Guru

That was the shit dude, great stuff, and thanks for posting.

I'm down to see a more in depth tutorial of how you did this

Tech Mentor

I'm gonna do a deeper more detailed one this week, hopefully with a screen cap that wont look all fuzzy and some direct audio in.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If your on a Mac Quicktime player has a screen capture feature built in.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I'm trying to use copernicus but it crashes everytime, my quicktime is leapord, there is no screen capture (video) option that I know of, it still shows all the grey'd out commands and asks you to upgrade to quicktime pro, which is funny being that there is no longer an upgrade, its just a full part of snow leopard.

any other free screen capture programs out there for video?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Open the Quicktime player > file > new screen recording. At least it's that way for me on my MBP running 10.6.3.

EDIT: sorry , i just looked on my iMac running 10.5.8 and it's not there. Could always upgrade. It's cheap.
    Last edited by photojojo; 05-10-2010 at 06:06 PM.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I'm on live 6 which is not snow leopard compatible, so it would not be a cheap upgrade overall, $29 for SL, & $250 for live 8, thank you for the suggestion though.

Default DD Ableton

Mike,

That's a cool video.

I am trying to set something up that's similar -- have DD controlled by Ableton dummy clips. Also, am trying to drop Ableton loops on separate tracks, and theoretically if everything is at the same tempo they should line up. But I'm getting varied latency -- e.g., DD and Ableton don't trigger start exactly on. It sounds terrible. Not sure if I am describing this well - but do you know what I mean?

Basically, launch a DD deck with a clip, then drop a separate breakbeat on top - can you get them to sync right up? If so, any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Loopscious

I love that! Does it work with Deckadance in Vinyl Control Mode? Because if it does - I'll be buying me some Deckadance!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I love that! Does it work with Deckadance in Vinyl Control Mode? Because if it does - I'll be buying me some Deckadance!!!
    yes it should, I dont have decks w/DVS at the moment but I have run DD as a vst with timecode cdj's before and it worked fine, cue points are still midi mapped under dvs control so it will be no problem.

*edit* also DD has a demo so you can try it out and see if you like it and the developer says they're going from 4 cue points to 8 as soon as possible, they generally update quickly and steadily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast