led out and deck focus

Default led out and deck focus

Hello.
    Can someone help me.

I have a kontrol X1 and traktor i want to map 4 led outs so that they represent the deck focus of (A,B,C,D). So if the deck A in on focus the left IN button is on if deck B is focused the Left OUT button in on, deck C Righ IN deck D right OUT.
    Cant get that to work. Any Idea Would Be helpfull.

Maybe something with the Deck mode midifier conditions, but i dont understand them, and why do they have three states (0,1,2)??

Thx

do you mean the deck focus has 3 states? or the leds? do they flash on the x1? if so i'd say 0 is off, and 1 & 2 are on & flash (in one combination or the other).

to map the outs should be fairly simple
    map an out for deck focus, set it to the deck and tell it the note/cc of the led you want to light up?
    you'd want the 2 'min' boxes for midi and control range at 0, so if focus is off (0) the led is off (0) and the 'max' boxes at 1, but if the led can go to 2 (which if i remember right is midi range) set that to 2. so focus is on (1) led is on (2). uncheck blend and invert.

think of the min/max as basically off/on states for this kind of use.

doing this from memory, but it's pretty much like that

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

well the problem is, if you go under add out:> view> deck focus select
    There is no setting to choose the deck. The assignment is global, so i cant choose to which deck it goes. Any ideas?

ok, actually went and looked.

you have 4 states for the control range on select deck focus, this would break down as
    0=a
    1=b
    2=c
    3=d

control range min/max would be
    a 0/0
    b 1/1
    c 2/2
    d 3/3

this goes against the off/on analogy i used earlier, but this is one of the many exceptions to that. but you need to set the ranges to that as opposed to having them all 0 > x, otherwise, for example, if c was focus, a and b leds would light up to as they are in that range, you need this more as an absolute to work. took me a few mins to work it out a little while ago with a couple of leds to show if mod 5 was on 1 or 2 state.

the midi range then controls your leds, i'm assuming (going back and reading everything again) that in that box you see 0 in min and 127 in max, and the 0,1,2 you mentioned was in control range? leave it as 0 and 127, as it'll do the on/off bit still - bringing the number down from 127 won't make much difference. this may be different if the leds on the x1 can flash, then there would be 3 states as i spoke about in earlier post, but i think you was refering to the control range?

so for each led set an out, select the note/cc, set the control range according to that deck and set the midi range as 0/127. sorted

SoundCloud

Thx Mateee. Got it to work now )))

sweeeet

SoundCloud