Apogee Duet as a Live Soundcard
    Tech Wizard

Default Apogee Duet as a Live Soundcard

So I've been using an apogee duet as my recording interface for over two years now and I fucking love it! Someday, I'll upgrade to the ensemble system, but for now it works great when recording my own music and for other musicians.

I just recently started DJing and mainly do house parties and I seriously hate having to use the direct in on my MBP... it sucks so hard. I put up with it since most drunken college kids don't care so much about sound quality. But I've recently just scheduled my first real gig as a DJ and I want to use my duet. Honestly, it wouldn't be a huge deal to not mix with headphones, because I learned to DJ without ever using them. The two stereo outs wont be a big deal either if I'm plugging into a professional PA, but is there a way I ran route my MPB line out to my headphones, yet still use my duet to push out through the PA?

Just wondering... thanks a bunch, my friends.

never done this, but ive heard you can create an aggregate device consisting of your built in line out of your mbp and your duet. go to your app folder then into the utilities folder and then select audio/midi setup. in there open up the audio window, create aggregate device and select your duet and your built in output. then in traktor (or whatever program your using it in), select your aggregate device in your output settings and both outputs should be available. hope this helps and good luck with the gig.

Tech Guru

The Duet is almost enough of a reason for me to switch to mac. I hate mac. hahahaha.

sorry I couldnt help ya. good luck man. worst case scenario, you listen to the same thing coming out of the club system in your phones (I find it easier to mix in phones, even without precue) because the club is noisy, and it can be hard to pick stuff out.

Tech Wizard

I'm definitely gonna try and do this. Thanks a bunch guys!