Is the Maschine good for beginners?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Is the Maschine good for beginners?

Hi everyone,

Is the NI Maschine any good for someone beginning music production? It seems like a good product to invest in...and the updates coming out can only make it better right?

On top of that its a top notch controller for Traktor too i hear!

I have had the same question. I am considering purchasing one.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

It's the easiest way to produce some music ever.
    I'm using one for about a year now and it's so nice that you just need to install the software and then imediatly can start making beats. Factory sounds are really nice and if you don't want to use them you don't have to.
    Allmost everything you need to know to start making first loops and stuff ist also written directly onto the controller. Much easier to use than my MPC-60 or SP12 back then and I've ever been a big fan of sofware too. The Maschine perfectly fits the gap between classic grooveboxes/samplers and software.
    And NI seems to listen to the customers and the forum. Really nice updates untill now.
    http://facebook.com/like.GRIZU
    Setup: MacBook 2.2 GHz 3 GB RAM OSX 10.6.4, Torq Conectiv Vinyl 1.5.3, 2x Technics MKII, Ecler HAK 320, PMC-05 Pro 4 Blk, PMC-06 Pro B, 2x Shure M44-7, VCI-300 & VFX-1 + ITCH, NI Maschine, Korg nano Pad & Kontrol, Audio8DJ & TS Pro, Novation Dicer

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 75er View Post
    It's the easiest way to produce some music ever.
    I'm using one for about a year now and it's so nice that you just need to install the software and then imediatly can start making beats. Factory sounds are really nice and if you don't want to use them you don't have to.
    Allmost everything you need to know to start making first loops and stuff ist also written directly onto the controller. Much easier to use than my MPC-60 or SP12 back then and I've ever been a big fan of sofware too. The Maschine perfectly fits the gap between classic grooveboxes/samplers and software.
    And NI seems to listen to the customers and the forum. Really nice updates untill now.
    I agree with all of that.
    I came into production from a long absence (pretty much starting from scratch again). Its a great way to start and its certainly not an entry level piece of kit.
    It will expand with your experience.

Tech Mentor

Great! Thanks for the opinions guys.
    I think I will get one as soon as I can get rid of my padKontrol for some cash.
    It seems like maschine will be more than i'll need in terms of controlling Traktor.

Tech Mentor

One more question

What kinda musical styles is Maschine most suited to producing? Or is it well rounded for all styles?

I'm using it for Dubstep, Bmore, Fidget and classic HipHop beats.
    It's not what kind of equipment you use, it's about your ideas and what you make of it.

I even tried out Playstation music on PS1 or the musicprogramms for Nintendo gameboy back then I don't take tools too serious, for me it's all about having fun and create something by myself.
    http://facebook.com/like.GRIZU
    Setup: MacBook 2.2 GHz 3 GB RAM OSX 10.6.4, Torq Conectiv Vinyl 1.5.3, 2x Technics MKII, Ecler HAK 320, PMC-05 Pro 4 Blk, PMC-06 Pro B, 2x Shure M44-7, VCI-300 & VFX-1 + ITCH, NI Maschine, Korg nano Pad & Kontrol, Audio8DJ & TS Pro, Novation Dicer

Tech Mentor

Just got a full version second hand for $430

I think I got a good deal...

@faeruithir You mean the hardware right? Where at?
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyDonePun View Post
    @faeruithir You mean the hardware right? Where at?
    Hardware and software are a package.

The software can be used without the hardware but the hardware has to be Registered for the software to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast