Midi Confusion

Thread: Midi Confusion

Tech Mentor

Default Midi Confusion

I've had this problem before and completely have forgot how to fix it because its been that long since I have been using my complete midi set up due to laptop/equipment breaking and audio 8 going faulty and now i have everything down in front of me ready to start from scratch again and the one thing I didn't want to happen happened first of

I have 4 midi controllers
    Akai MPD 24
    Akai LPD 8 (bought today)
    Edirol Midi Keyboard
    UC-33e

now first off i am only concentrating on getting my 2 akai controllers going first just to get me started on my feet again.

When I go into traktor and I'm midi mapping they seem to be getting there wires crossed and a knob that I haven't even mapped is doing something i hae assigned to a fader on the mpd24.

How do i stop this happening as im not the smartest person when it all gets too midi on me. I've searched it on the forum because I'm certain ive asked this about a year ago but simply couldn't find it.

sounds like the 2 akais are running on the same midi channel. if you go to akai website there's a program there for editing the notes/cc/channel of the controller (similar to the one korg do for nanos).

in fact here's the link go to docs and downloads.
    install it and use it to change the midi channel of the lpd8.

that should sort you out.

(also looks like they do one for the mpd, if you need it)

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

Cheers for that. I owe you a pint really was doing my head in there and took me a while to get a hang of what i was trying to do in the editor but i think thats me sorted now. Thanks once again

no problem

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud