Forget the death of vinyl, it's the death of TT's - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I started the opposite. I was never a fan of vinyl (until recently, hear me out :-D). I respected the fact that they were "it" and they sounded AMAZING, I just never trusted them as a music 'storage' method (being a tech nerd) because of all the frailties involved(IMO). I started mixing and creating tunes with my controller and old MIDI keyboard and started doing some research on the best control methods to have an ACTUAL tactile feel/control over the music/effect/clip. I looked at and played with some CDJs and a couple motorized MIDI platter controllers (which were WAY out of my price range) and found nothing satisfying my needs for TACTILE control, but meeting EVERYTHING ELSE. (Yes, the tech nerd was screaming "WHAT?! THAT ONE HAS A FRIKKIN 500GB HDD BUILT IN! GET IT! IT'S STANDALONE! SO BADASS!"). So I went with 2 Stanton T-62b TTs. Hands down, best controller I've EVER used in this aspect(Not THE BEST TTs, but with some tweaks, THEY RULE). With traktor, using and learning vinyl has been a thrill and an amazing experience that I look forward to EVERYDAY. I URGE everyone to at least LEARN them, not saying respect them, but you will once you play with a pair. :-D . And in a MIDI environment, I freakin love it. This is my current, (one controller to add and one more computer HA) nearly complete setup, what I believe to be a perfect mesh between DJing/Live production (so far, damn i love parenthesis).
    http://www.mutagenize.us/Awesome/current.jpg (HELLZ YEAH THOSE ARE RUBBER BANDS!)

I will ALWAYS have a pair of turntables in my setup. OF COURSE I'm going to get MORE shit to add, one, I'm a tech nerd, two, I'm a gear-head and three, it's only 2010 :-D. But I have fallen in love and I see TTs being with me my entire life now. I've even started collecting vinyl (heavy, the thin guys still scare me!), got me some Discovery and VG Scores! :-D The places I play and the people who like my music/style don't see me as just a DJ, but as a performer and an artist, makes ya feel good! :-)
    Last edited by DJMutagen; 05-14-2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: clarification
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Quote Originally Posted by DJMutagen View Post
    I started the opposite. I was never a fan of vinyl (until recently, hear me out :-D). I respected the fact that they were "it" and they sounded AMAZING, I just never trusted them as a music 'storage' method (being a tech nerd) because of all the frailties involved(IMO). I started mixing and creating tunes with my controller and old MIDI keyboard and started doing some research on the best control methods to have an ACTUAL tactile feel/control over the music/effect/clip. I looked at and played with some CDJs and a couple motorized MIDI platter controllers (which were WAY out of my price range) and found nothing satisfying my needs for TACTILE control, but meeting EVERYTHING ELSE. (Yes, the tech nerd was screaming "WHAT?! THAT ONE HAS A FRIKKIN 500GB HDD BUILT IN! GET IT! IT'S STANDALONE! SO BADASS!"). So I went with 2 Stanton T-62b TTs. Hands down, best controller I've EVER used in this aspect(Not THE BEST TTs, but with some tweaks, THEY RULE). With traktor, using and learning vinyl has been a thrill and an amazing experience that I look forward to EVERYDAY. I URGE everyone to at least LEARN them, not saying respect them, but you will once you play with a pair. :-D . And in a MIDI environment, I freakin love it. This is my current, (one controller to add and one more computer HA) nearly complete setup, what I believe to be a perfect mesh between DJing/Live production (so far, damn i love parenthesis).
    http://www.mutagenize.us/Awesome/current.jpg (HELLZ YEAH THOSE ARE RUBBER BANDS!)

I will ALWAYS have a pair of turntables in my setup. OF COURSE I'm going to get MORE shit to add, one, I'm a tech nerd, two, I'm a gear-head and three, it's only 2010 :-D. But I have fallen in love and I see TTs being with me my entire life now. I've even started collecting vinyl (heavy, the thin guys still scare me!), got me some Discovery and VG Scores! :-D The places I play and the people who like my music/style don't see me as just a DJ, but as a performer and an artist, makes ya feel good! :-)

Nice one bro!!
    I have a similar setup and have the same idiology.

I wanna PERFORM!
    Not prepare at home and watch the set progress.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Nice one bro!!
    I have a similar setup and have the same idiology.

I wanna PERFORM!
    Not prepare at home and watch the set progress.

EXXACCTTLLYYY! YES! Lol I just read your avatar, so rad and so true haha. I love it when someone comes up and says 'you know that sound... that.. 'bbvvuuurrrrppPPP!'??? Yeah, drove my ass NUTS, keep up the shit man! It's like an instrument!'

Yes... It is MY instrument and it is my link to the outside world... That and the internet :-D. Music is THE connection between EVERYONE, but when you can perform it and make it YOURS and have a blast... It becomes personal, between you and everybody movin and shakin... Best feeling in the world and I have found no comparison to that amount of energy flow. :-D ANNYYHOOOBIES... Yay turntables! I still see myself using some form of record, even when the player is gone... I'm thinking... Hover turntables... Lol so cool, driven and kept level by air... HHmmm.... I could be on to something... MCFLYYYYY!
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

HEHEHEHE

Forreal. Nothing worse than seeing a bored DJ.

IF he is into it....and winning.....its a GREAT thing to watch...regardless of the Genre.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    HEHEHEHE

Forreal. Nothing worse than seeing a bored DJ.

IF he is into it....and winning.....its a GREAT thing to watch...regardless of the Genre.
    YES! My favorite is watching Daedelus play, that "holy piss yeaaahhhhh that was awesome" look he gets when he's playing, followed by the 'accomplished' smirk

I don't think they are dying cuz now u have the ns7 or v7 .... techs should come out with a midi tt actual technics size with a lot buttons and pads...haha
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Tech Mentor

I used to play on technics 1200's etc and 1210's at clubs here in Cardiff but most places dont have them no more and even the cdj's they MIGHT have are faulty all the time, so i gave up and went midi via first a vci-100 then a vci-300, i kept my torq cennectiv as a backup timecode option.
    MBP i7. Denon MC4000. Traktor Scratch A6. DDJ SX Serato DJ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12