VCI-100- AC Adapter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100- AC Adapter

Hello everyone, Just got my VCI-100. Wanted to know, is it supposed to come with the AC adapter? Do you buy it seperately, if so where?
    Thanks so much
    Reg

Tech Wizard

mine came with one...a generic 9v 600ma one

Tech Wizard

any electronics store will have one of these....but in the meantime you can just run it of a powered USB port.

Tech Convert

Thank you, I just got the Japan Black Version and I didn't get one, so I wanted to see if the guy jipped me. It was from Killer-Kaz, did anyone else buy from him who can tell me? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Reg

Tech Mentor

I never got one. I bought one from an eBay seller, I forget who but they're pretty major on eBay. I bought it about a year ago.

Tech Mentor

hey i have one VCI and my sister have the balck one from japan and none of these came with a power adapter you always have to buy it separetly she also bought it from the same guy........

They dont come with the adapter it is optional. Go to your local Radio Shack or Frys. They will have several avaiable. But you have to make sure its DC 9V 500mA, but to have to check the adapter, the center is has to be + and outer is -
    Last edited by JesC; 10-29-2008 at 09:32 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I have had my VCI for a long time now and I dont have a power supply, neither have I ever needed it. The only reason I can see for using a power supply is if you have hooked a lot af stuff up to the USB bus on your laptop. And by a lot I mean A LOT.

F-Face, that is not always the case, I have played at clubs/bars were the power is weak, and the vci light take about 1/10 of a sec to light up due to the limited power. I believe that if the vci had its independent power source you would avoid it altogether.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    F-Face, that is not always the case, I have played at clubs/bars were the power is weak, and the vci light take about 1/10 of a sec to light up due to the limited power. I believe that if the vci had its independent power source you would avoid it altogether.
    IMO you've got it the wrong way round.

If you have your vci powered via the usb cable, it will not be effected by the power at club no matter what, because of the laptops battery.

If you have your vci powered via a power supply, you can get in trouble if the club has weak or "bad" power. I have tried this with my soundcard cutting out because of "holes" in the power.

So now I always supply as much as possible via the usb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast