I know it's been discussed many times, but I'm having beat gridding issues... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like using mixmeister bpm to find the bpm then I just put those numbers in after snapping the kick on the grid, works pretty well so far. Afterward I compare it to the metronome.

well what kind of songs are you beat gridding? Electronic music usually maintains a constant tempo but if you're using live tracks or rock tracks the tempo always changes.
    Von Doom! aka Victorious
    www.isvictorious.com
    Gear list goes here - "It's the carpenter, not the tools"

Is it just me or is the click in Traktor the most anoying sound ever? Almost like nails on a chalkboard for me. I wish NI could use a different set of frequencies.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    may just be the different types of kicks, some are more subby, some more "clicky". use EQs to blend them, or just nudge it forward or backward.
    You can actually tell that the sync is off on both tracks because the rest of the elements sound off too.

And I can't really nudge the grid forward or backward everytime I'm trying to mix. One of the points of converting to Traktor is to not have to worry about beatmatching. I would've just stuck to Serato.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    verbal, turn your monitor cue volume up
    I think it is. Or those knobx were greyed out and I couldn't turn them, no matter if I was in internal or external mixing mode.

Everytime I sit down to play with Traktor I get frustrated because I can't work this gridding thing out properly. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by vondoom View Post
    well what kind of songs are you beat gridding? Electronic music usually maintains a constant tempo but if you're using live tracks or rock tracks the tempo always changes.
    House and techno.

Quote Originally Posted by dual citizen View Post
    Is it just me or is the click in Traktor the most anoying sound ever? Almost like nails on a chalkboard for me. I wish NI could use a different set of frequencies.
    It is. I wouldn't even call it a metronome. A metronome is supposed to be a loud, recognizeable click that stands out. Ableton has a metronome, Traktor definitely does not.

Quote Originally Posted by dual citizen View Post
    turn down the headphones volume on your soundcard (if you have a knob for it ), turn up the cue volume and the click comes to smoother level
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Can anyone please help me with this? I'm still having issues and it's driving me INSANE!

Tech Wizard

How do you guys beatgrid-- do you do it Ean's method and put the first beat grid on a snare/downbeat or do you put it on the first kick or beginning of the track?

I've been doing the kicks and I just can't get things perfectly lined up. I've been hesitant to do the snare way because it just doesn't feel right to me but I may have to try it.

Any tips are greatly appreciated! I'm just ready to get past working out a beatgrid method so I can get down to more fun business!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12