Native Instruments Maschine License transfer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Native Instruments Maschine License transfer?

So I just bought a Maschine off ebay

the guy initially said he would transfer the license...

now he claims its not possible according to NI...unless I bought it at $599 like he did..

Now I know for sure people have transferred licenses before. This is supposedly the full version and not the academic.

Can anyone shed some light on the license transfer process? It is possible right? How long does it usually take?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faeruithir View Post
    So I just bought a Maschine off ebay

the guy initially said he would transfer the license...

now he claims its not possible according to NI...unless I bought it at $599 like he did..
    What on earth is this guy talking about.

Firstly if it is a EDU version it is not possible to Transfer the licence and he will have known this as it is the primary restriction on EDU items.
    Educational items cannot be resold EVER.

So... if it is an EDU item you need to get your money back. eBay will chase him for this as he has misled and miss sold the item if he does not declare that it is EDU.

If it is not an EDU item all he needs to do his call NI and unregsiter the item from his account. Its better if buyers & sellers can work together by Transfering Ownership which can be done over the phone or my contacting Support via email.

There is no reason why he should not transfer the ownership in fact if he doesnt he is in breach of his EULA agreement with NI.

Unfortunately theres nothing NI can do if someone ignores the call to transfer. NI cant take someones word that they bought an item if the seller refuses to act.

My advice is to send him a polite email (always play the nice guy in these circumstances) saying that you need to know if it is an educational version. Tell him that you know your facts and the if it is an EDU version you would like your money back. If it isnt EDU then ask him to fill out and fax a "Transfer Of Ownership" form.

Heres a copy of the form: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...68&postcount=2

The transfer process takes a few days to get through the system and also because it has to 100% clear to NI that your not trying to scam someone else out of their software so they check thoroughly .

Hope that helps, if you need more advice PM me, i can speak with Support if you have difficulties, should be cool though. Most people co-operate once they realise you know your facts etc.

K

Tech Mentor

Hey Karlos

Thanks a lot for your help. You've been very helpful to me over the past few days.

I specifically asked if it was the EDU version before i bought. Seller explicitly stated it was full version. And I have proof of that.

I just received an email from him. He has filled out the registration support form located here:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/in...?id=regsuppfrm

That works too right? Hopefully this will be sorted before the item arrives

Awesome. That will be just fine. With that form he will probably request that the Registration is deleted. That will mean that you will be able to install the software and Activate it with Service Centre with no issues as if it was a brand new item.

Make sure that you update the software to 1.5 and also download and install the new 1.5 Sound Library, its fucking brilliant, loads of new sounds. All there in Service Center.

Happy Days.

I got a maschine recently, might be an expensive piece of kit but it is pretty damn sexy time liquid explosion stylez !

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think Maschine is next on my list. Schools almost out and my son's pretty close to getting straight A's. If he pulls it off he gets a Gretsch, if that happens it might get put on hold for a bit though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Ooh guitars... my first love.

Which Gretsch . Probably not a 1958 GRETSCH Chet Atkins !!! Wow Super Money.

Any Chet is nice...

ON Topic.
    Maschine is great. Takes some time to get into. I wish there was a Maschine Bible.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Probably not a 1958 GRETSCH Chet Atkins !!! Wow Super Money.

ON Topic.
    Maschine is great. Takes some time to get into. I wish there was a Maschine Bible.

I love him, but not that much!!! We're thinking this one. Although he's been taking about wanting to take up drumming.

ON Topic again
    Probably best I give myself some more time to learn Traktor before I go jumping into new software and hardware then. Maybe that'll give you time to finish the Maschine bible.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

That boy is a lucky kid... nice guitar.

I think a Maschine Bible might be a bridge to far for me.
    Both me and Rainer have Maschines but i dont think hes up for it. Traktor Bible was hard enough and i was only editing. Rainers the one with the uber-knowledge !!!

Tech Mentor

So how long does the license transfer/de registration usually take?

My maschine is now at the post office, waiting to be picked up on monday and I can't wait to use it!!

But I've heard the process can take weeks??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast